Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
benryanau
Lurker
Donating Member3

Default 30-minute window limit on editing posts..

Yeah, that.. well, I reckon it's balls.
So long as an note is added to edited posts (eg Edited dd-mm-yy by xxxx: Reason: <reason>) showing they *were* edited, I can't see why edits are such a big deal.

They're certainly useful when maintaining a good info resource thread( esp stickies).. you keep the relevant info in first post, save making people wade thru pages of offtopic crap to get what they want.

I had a browser hiccup that resulted in a double post, I didn't realise till next day but when I tried to delete/edit the dupe I couldn't find the edit/delete button.
So I manually hacked around it by building a URL by hand (http://www.fordforums.com.au/editpos...postid=4562930) which is when I got the 30 min message.

Would you consider revoking the time limit on edits/deletes? If the forum comes crashing down in complete anarchy as a result then put it back on but I don't think anyone's going to mind.

Anyway thanks for putting the site up, there's a few others around but the more the merrier - and we'll see who's still here in a few years time

Cheers

benryanau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post