Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #10
AUFanboy

Default Re: AU Scantool Experiments (codes/live data!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverT2TE50 View Post
This thread makes me happy. See?

I just ordered my ELM327...

I hope that you don't mind me asking: what language you are developing your software in AUFanboy?

Would it be safe to assume that the http://gopointtech.com/ product would work, but with only a small percentage of the data coming from an AU?
I was developing (actually, more like hacking together) a windows app in C#, but abandoned it after discovering FORScan, which does everything I was planning to do and more, and looks a million times nicer

I doubt the gopoint product will work at all, because the AU doesn't respond to normal OBD2 commands - only the "extended" mode 22 PIDs and mode 13/14 requests to read/clear codes. Most standard OBD2 software will freak out if the car doesn't respond to standard OBD2 commands.

I was also toying with the idea of an Android app but found a way to get the "Torque" android app working (for live data, not fault codes) with the AU. It's a bit clunky but works. Not sure if there any any iphone apps that have the level of customisability required (i.e., custom PIDs and custom headers). You may have to roll your own, but the iphone's lack of support for virtual serial ports over bluetooth is a pain. There are WIFI ELM327 adaptors available - if you can figure out how to get a virtual serial port over WIFI then the rest shouldn't be too hard. It's just a matter of sending the mode 22 requests outlined in the above posts to the ELM327 (e.g., 221440), waiting for the response, then parsing the data. I've outlined how the parse the data for a few PIDs above. Unfortunately the scaling and offsets etc are poorly documented and have to be figured out though trial and error.
AUFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post