Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2006, 11:40 AM   #1
NZ
~~~

Default What do people do to get on your nerves?

This is my rant for the month.

I run a dairyfarm and being self employed I am responsible for paying for releif staff I need from time to time. I have an old couple that come in to do relief milking. Its a 1 person job but they both come to do it anyway. Theyre well aware of the fact its one person too. They are mid 60's and are both on the pension. P pay them cash and so do the several other farmers in the area that use them. The do on average 4 - 5 days worth of milking per week which for a releif milker is a fairly tidy earner considering what they get for the work they do is pretty decent (around the $30 per hour mark give or take). The other farmers that get them also pay cash as they wont accept cheques or money deposits as to protect their pensions. I'm ok with that. What I'm not ok with is that they have started dropping hints lately about getting more money for the same work. Things like ' Oh such and such pays us this', ' 'Such and such pays to have both of us there' , ' God theres such a huge demand for relief milkers at the moment' Eluding to the fact they can pretty much demand the money they want, which a lot of other people do. They have never asked directly for more money till the other day. I asked them if they could work for 3 days being march 11 - 13. The guy said yeah that should be ok then he dropped this - ' but i'm gunna want more for the 13th since its a public holiday.' I asked how much more. He wants double for that day. I think it really stinks and its gotten my back up about it. They have a pretty easy job here, I have things set up to run pretty well. They get other benifits also, they come and get as much firewood as the want from the farm, last year they took around 10 ute and tandem trailer loads. I allow them to take milk which isnt really much value to me maybe 60c for a few litres but its the principle of it. They cost the farm a fair bit of money last year. I had them here for 3 weeks while I took time off during the quiet period. Antibiotic milk was put into the vat and luckily they had enough guts to tell me. I had the milk tested and it had to be dumped. The part that made it worse was we were on skip a day pickup and it was the 4th milking that the stuff up occured so 2 whole days of milk was dumped at a cost of around $4500. I personally lost a no grade bonus which was $500. I also missed out on a factory 100% premium milk award due to slackness on the plant wash by them.

So yeah I think I am quite rightly annoyed that the hand has shot out for more money just because a day has a special name.

Anyway my rant for this month. anyone else want to have a go now?? lol

NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post