Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-02-2015, 11:51 AM   #1
partychef
Starter Motor

Default Fiesta - transmission/engine system fault light

Hi guys

I have an automatic 2006 WQ Fiesta. My wife was driving it recently and got stranded after the transmission/engine system fault warning light came on along with the check engine light.

Basically, once the car comes to a stop, in gear, the engine begins revving much higher then the transmission/engine system fault light comes on. The car then enters into limp mode. I can turn the engine off then back on and it drives fine, until I come to a stop. When at speed with my foot off the accelerator, the vehicle maintains the speed, as if I have cruise control (which is a problem, because i don't).

I took it to a mechanic who scanned it. He got a P2176 code and P061B, cleaned the air filter, cleared the codes and claimed it was fixed and charged me $200. About four hours later the same problem occurred.

What I have figured out is that when I come to a stop, putting the car in neutral will stop it from entering limp mode - it does rev quite high though. If i have the air con on settings 3 or higher, I don't need to put it in neutral.

I have given the throttle body a good clean and tried clearing the code by removing the -ve terminal for a period of time but this doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by partychef; 23-02-2015 at 12:18 PM.
partychef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post