Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-10-2015, 01:18 PM   #1
FLOGGED

Exclamation Wheel Spin Problems Need Advice

Hey guys been up to the drags twice recently and i'm pretty disappointed
i have a n/a fg xr6 5 speed auto, now its usually running constant 14.1 - 14.3
with a average of 2.1 60ft.

I have changed my rear springs out for very low springs and changed my tires (from ATR Sport 2's to Nitto invo's) (245/35R19)

now when i ran a few days ago i was running high 14's to low 15's, i cant seem to launch i just keep wheel spinning, i have an open diff witch doesn't help but with my old tires / springs i could almost launch as hard as i wanted recently i have gone from 2.1 60' to 2.5 60' cant seem to get traction?

the tires i have changed to are apparently "high performance" tires at almost $300 each i would expect them to have at least some grip. (Nitto Invo's)

Weather i just take off fast or launch at even 2k rpm they will just spin (even on the street taking off quick they wont grip)

could this be a cause of bad tires or my rear springs? The springs have almost no movement in them (i always thought that springs can make a big difference on how a car puts power to the ground, hence drag racing suspension you can buy.) could no movement in the rear springs be causing me to spin?

I have tried the car at 40psi all the way to 30 psi, cant really go lower as i have to inflate / deflate at the servo as i don't have a pump and don't want to drive on the road with below 30 psi.

Cheers guys, any help is very appreciated

2009 Fg Xr6 Sedan n/a 5 Speed Auto - 14.1 @99 MPH
Mods: Redback Exhaust & Cold Air Intake
Untuned
FLOGGED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post