Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2016, 05:04 PM   #11
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: A Parents worst fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Yes, one car missed a turn, and got seperated. But this was on a freeway with 4 or so exits in a row, which can be difficult to navigate if you dont know the roads, completely different to sleepy old SA (where theres only 1 road in and out). Theres still no explination as to why the car left the road in the first place...

Just keep in mind, you're basically painting all young people with the same brush, based on the experience of one moron! There are other ways to approach the situation without having to flatly say NO (like i suggested before, meet the friends and see how they drive), but also, listen to your kid. Ask him about his friends driving. If he's learnt about the responsibilities of driving like i assume, he'll be honest with you about it (such as if his friends cant drive for ****, or they use their phones while driving etc). I know of many 16/17/18yo's who are much better drivers than people with 20years experience on them!

Personally i'd be more worried about other drivers on the road than the 4 friends, and if you start playing bubblewrap, well you've already lost ;)
Agreed, and prior to my daughters experience it was he who told me the driver involved on that occasion was indeed an idiot and not someone he would drive with again, however, ask my daughter and she was an angel. In there lies the problem, in their eyes, their own friends can do no wrong.
My son too claims his friends to be mature and not likely,but he's only been with one or two of them and at below 80k's in an outer suburban environment.

Were talking 100+ zones with big gumtree's a metre from the road edge.
Apples and oranges.
Add to it that the area is foreign to them and they are inexperienced drivers in multiple cars.

It just doesnt sit well with me, too many possible contributing factors to ignore.
Hey, it may be perfectly fine, but i just dont see the point in putting yourself in such a situation and when i explained it fully to him he agreed.

Last edited by BENT_8; 06-01-2016 at 05:09 PM.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: