Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-06-2016, 11:24 PM   #1
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU interior - interchangeable parts

Gday,

So for years I was under the impression the interior in AU's essentially could be swapped and changed.

I found out today I was very wrong..

I have a Fairmont sedan, a Forte wagon, and a Fairlane. I wanted to take the interior out of the Fairlane, put into the Fairmont, then take the Fairmont interior and put it into the Wagon..

So, the Fairlane has larger mounts that make the latches not line up (even though the bolt locations are the same), the wagon has a completely different mount and setup..

All these build threads I have seen of ghia gear going into Wagons, I never actually asked what the source car was.

Wiring.. well that's a whole new pain.. The Fairmont had all the required wiring. I knew the Forte wouldnt, so that's the next problem..

Questions..

Seats - is there a way to change the brackets for the seats mounts, or has anyone got hints for getting the different models to play nice?

Wiring - has anyone got wiring diagrams, pics, tips for putting high model stuff into low models (electric seats, courtesy lights, potentially a high series dash).

Electric windows - I am wanting to put the electric windows from Fairlane into the Wagon. 2 questions.. will they fit, how tricky is the wiring?

I brought the car for really cheap and will parts it out, I really just wanted the door trims, leather gear etc, so anything extra is just a bonus.

Thanks in advance!
Matt

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: