Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-10-2016, 06:35 PM   #1
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default This is scary

G'day all...I work at a local High School as an EFA ...One of my areas is the Art Room so I've got to know Jill the art teacher..She fairly recently bought a VW Tiguan..Recently I was getting fuel and saw Jill at the servo after work about to drive the 45 kms or so home but with a worried look on her face..I asked her what was up and she said the car was showing a fault check warning message..and the car was inexplicably stalling without notice..
The mechanic wasn't convinced that it was okay to drive home but she rang her husband to meet her along the way.. She didn't work last week so I didn't get to find out what the VW people told her..Yesterday she told me that the component that was failing was $1700 and they found another brake issue that was over $1200...all up close to 3K..
Then she informed me that one of her friends owns a Skoda Octavia with VW powerplant that does exactly the same thing..
She is so nervous now that this will happen again and potentially in a high risk place like an intersection , rail crossing or overtaking that she's going to take a financial hit to get out of this vehicle..
I don't blame her...I believe the other lady's husband was convinced it was her driving so to prove a point he took it for a run..He didn't even make it onto the highway..
So glad our dear old Fords rarely have such problems..Anyone know if VW have had big issues with this problem ?
Cheers Rod...
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: