Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-05-2020, 05:51 AM   #20
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Sales figures - April 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Please don't think im directing this at you buggerlugs, but I don't even entertain emails or text messages when im trying to sell something these days, too many dreamers who'll hassle you from behind a keyboard and never show up.
I usually include in the ad, no emails or texts, just good old fashioned phone calls
I reckon if people are serious you'd just pick up the phone and ask...like we did in the old days.
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't respond.

On the flip side, I was looking for some parts recently and found an ad which specifically asked for message replies, sent them a message enquiring if they had what I wanted, confirmed the parts and price, asked for address and time to pick up...crickets
Never heard a word for 4 days then get a message back asking if im still interested.
I'm the opposite, no phone calls - text and email only.

Mostly because both my phones are always on silent and I generally don't answer them during work hours.

Also paper trails, same with work I've encouraged that our customers order by online or email. I'm also going to move to a model that over the counter sales will be paying 20% more if you turn up in person once our ecommerce system goes live.

Insisted on buying our Colorado by email for work but the Gronk kept insisting on phone calls then I had to travel backwards and forwards between work and the dealership THREE TIMES to stand in front of some flog with the front of his shirt untucked while he looked for paperwork on his desk and wondered around confused while no one else knew what was going on.

Then it took weeks to predeliver it.

I've got a great idea, we'll EFT transfer the cash, you tuck your shirt in and drive our car 15km down the freeway to our warehouse within the week you ****ing moron (not you, him).

The quicker we move away from physical dealerships, car salespeople and you can build online, pay for them via EFT or CC and it rocks up to your home on a truck within the week the better.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 13-05-2020 at 06:07 AM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: