The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-05-2021, 05:09 PM   #24
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Driving - Your "pet hate" on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
Coming across road works signs saying 60KM/H and then drive 5KM and nothing to be seen, I seen this many a time, only the other day the same nonsense and then hear is the un marked cop car siting off the road, I seen the in car radar, the cop was sitting with the door open eating looking down the road, I was doing 100KM/H as I passed and then up the road was a road works ute driving along going to set up another speed sign.

I thought hang on FFS I was thinking of going back and abuse the cop, but for the cars behind me pushing me along I was thinking of.

Do the cops in QLD still have to pull you up to give you a ticket or is it just sent to you in the mail, not sure if in car radar does send out like the Vans do, I think they still have to pick you up.
Dunno about Police states like QLD but here you MIGHT get a caution the first time, but if you get caught again automatic 3 months of walking/ thinking time for being 35+ over the speed limit.Been a couple of roadworks people killed or seriously injured in the last few years so the law takes a very dim view of speeding idiots
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post