Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2022, 10:43 PM   #9
MDS87
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
My youth encompassed the AU - BA - BF and FG era's too. Buying a TS50 10 years later was pretty special, almost surreal. The T3 TS50 was my "poster" car, to go on and own one for a brief period was an honor. Being a TS, it had Koni suspension, somehow it managed to ride very well at the same time being THE BEST Falcon I have ever driven, before or since.

And yes, the ability to choose interior colours on BA, BF and early FG's was a nice touch. Black, black, black seems to be all that's offered these days.
I know what you mean. I was 14 when the T3's came out. I still have a copy of the December 2001 issue of Motor where they previewed it.

I remember wanting a TS over a TE as it had the Fairmont Ghia-style dash, Brembo brakes and the Koni suspension but preferring the multi-spoke Azzurros of the TE. Now I realise the five-spoke TS wheels were superior due to undoubtedly being less time consuming to keep clean!

As much as I love the turbo, I wish I had worked harder in my early career to own an exceptionally special Falcon. COVID tax has put these far out of my reach now!
MDS87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post