Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2024, 12:31 AM   #11
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: I see Chinese made MGs everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToryMikey View Post
That is true, that said I wouldn't want to be spending my own hard earned money on a vehicle from a manufacturer that as you put it are "still learning". Heck I'm not even convinced the Koreans are there yet. Not to mention the shady government dealings, not a fan of the CCP at all.
Hyundai struggles with the finishing touches, things like throttle response and how it responds to your throttle inputs on the pedal, cruise control implementation not holding speed well up hills, and especially not down hill and some weird bull**** with the in car entertainment system with how the buttons function.

We've got a new i30N in the family and while its way quicker than the Fiesta ST it replaced and uses the same amount of fuel in a car thats 300kg heavier with circa 50KW more power, 400cc larger capacity, its like they've done 90% of the job and the last 10% was half-assed, just the final programming/calibration.

As far as the BTR goes the one in the BA-BF was a piece of ****, there was tonnes of failures with the valve body solenoid shafts rusting because of the oil cooler failures mixing coolant and ATF causing dramas, plus some cost cutting revisions between the E series and BA-BF BTR with the oil pump gears, failures and dramas with Falcons with 150,000km on them toasting boxes, so it wasn't all smooth sailing on a product that had been around for 10 years too long.

Not only that but its ridiculously long first gear, it seriously dulled the performance of any engine it was behind.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 05-01-2024 at 12:36 AM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: