Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2006, 09:22 PM   #1
big fella
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Budget Xe racer.

I'm not flush with cash, what I do have is an Xe sitting doing nothing. I'm not talking a bracket racer or anything like that. Just something I can tow up to Heathcote on a Sunday and have some fun. The engine and trans I'll just throw together from bits and pieces I've got. What I'm most interested in is the front and rear suspension. They will both remain the standard set up in the standard position. I'm wondering what the first mods to the standard set up would be? I'm sure some of you with a wealth of track experience will be able to point me in the right direction. I've seen adjustable rear control arms advertised, are they something I should consider? The car is never going to see the street again, so there's no need to consider driveability issues. Even down to things like front alignment settings, do they change?

I'll be gutting the car of everything I can without cutting it up. Contents of the boot, rear seat, all carpet, console, wipers, washer bottle, fan + heater etc. I would love to set myself a goal of consistant 12 sec passes on a shoe string. I know most of you will fall over laughing because there are plenty of daily drivers that would smash a 12 sec XE, but it's still faster than sitting on the sidelines watching all the time.

big fella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post