Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-03-2005, 08:20 PM   #1
borry
Now With 2 Cylinders More

Default install has started..

hey guys,

well as promised i said i woudl let you all know how the install would coming along when i got it all started, well... for about 8 maybe 9 hours today all i have been doing is the doors, filling service holes and sound deadening.

i still have about half a door to do but hey, i still got tomorrow !

first off i made a "gasket" of sorts out of gaffa tape, so that when i fit the alum to the service holes the two metals wont make the alum corrode.

then i got some flashing ( flat aluminium from work ) and then riveted it, essentially closing over all the service holes ( when i upload pics they will explain it a little better ) i then gaffa taped around them, sealing off any gaps between the alum and the door skin.

then mr dynamat made an appearance. just a quick note, if i was doing this again, i wouldnt be cheap and i would purchase the rolling tool, i have at least 500 000 little cuts on my fingers and hands from moulding this stuff to my door, i didnt even know it was cutting me untill i went to wash my hands, OUCH! i only felt about two cuts, ddint realise it got me a few mroe times, but thats life.

i then made up some mdf spacers so i can fit the 6.5" MB Quarts in the doors.
dummied them in place, made sure everything was working and all is in order.

the windows open and close ( which you have to watch when filling the bottom service hole. i found this out the hard way, having to bend the flashing twice as the first time it wouldnt allow the window to close.

sorry this has been a stupidly long post, just sorta tryin to get some info out to you guys before i do the piccies up. tomorrow i will be getting up early to hopefully finish the doors, then ill start with the cables. so for a week or so, i may well be driving around with no music, and only one seat..... meh.

after i have everything all wired up and installed, ill be gettin maroochyc ar sound to install my deck, that way i can actually still get my warranty on the deck as well as warranty on the install of the head unit. and for only 80 bucks to get them to install it, really isnt even worth worrying about doing the head unit.

so thats the plans, feel free to comment, i may or may not get some pics up tomorrow, if not tomorrow then maybe monday.

regards chris
borry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post