Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-08-2008, 11:37 PM   #31
AusM
AusMotorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
Just looking at those pictures,
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/im...08283_640w.jpg
Does that look like a GT40 in the back right to anyone else? And a Mustang far left?
2005-2007 Ford GT (indicators in rear guard) and 2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones Mustang (orange bar through headlights) is my vote...

I'm sure the movie will be fun for brainless entertainment - you'll just have to let the improvised tech speak wash over you (Motec exhaust anyone?).
Rob Cohen directed the first one and really got the money shots IMO, part two was a different director with much less experience, and three was a different director again, Justin Lin - who is also doing part 4.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1013752/

In any case, I'm sure it will beat 'Street Racer (2008)' - avoid!!!
AusM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2008, 11:52 PM   #32
Shounak

I'm definitely watching it.

Might give me some lessons about metal kick plates blow off when NOS hits and how Paul Walker doesn't double clutch.

I've enjoyed all of 'em so far. Seriously. They're fun watching.

You can't take it too seriously.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 04:43 AM   #33
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
More like Paul Walker pulls up with a wrecked VS on a flatbed truck.

Smart guy opens the bonnet "Ecotec V6 no !", "This will obliterate all once you put about 500 bucks into it and if we must overnight parts from supercheap!"
Hahahaha.

I remember reading a joke on another forum when tokyo drift came out.
It was along the lines of,"They can make australian version and feature vn commodores, could call it the last n the furious".
Gave me a chuckle at the time.
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 09:18 AM   #34
LTDHO
The one and only

I'm a fan of I & II but tokyo drift sucked.
IV is supposed to be set after II which is good as I can betend III never existed.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 09:30 AM   #35
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That was a Plymouth Roadrunner............
Oh my mistake, i thought it was a charger, they look alot alike i guess
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 10:01 AM   #36
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

The Farce & the Ficticious rears it's ugly head again!? I certainly wouldn't waste my money at the cinema to see that rubbish. I'm surprised so many here actually like it. Between Motec exhaust systems, floorpans falling off when hitting NOS, 20 gear changes to do a 1/4 mile and "granny shifting not double clutching like you should" I think my favourite part was when the Black Dodge ripped a skid with the front wheels in the air! : They are definitely good for a laugh that's for sure...

Last edited by Cobra; 27-08-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 10:13 AM   #37
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
I think my favourite part was when the Black Dodge ripped a skid with the front wheels in the air! :
"Sooo much torque, the chassis twisted on take off" :P
Old 27-08-2008, 11:23 AM   #38
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane
Reasons to watch:

Randomn parts falling of cars, Does anyone know why the floor fell out of his Eclipse in the 1st movie?
Didn't you see the computer say Danger to Manifold? makes total sense
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 12:35 PM   #39
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

3 was a load of crap but the first two were pretty good. I've watched 1 about 50 times. I'll definitely go see it, they're good fun, not to be taken so seriously like some people tend to think.. And yes i've never worked out why the floor fell out of the eclipse either, makes me lol every time.. With most of the original cast, lets hope 4 is a good watch.

EDIT: And for those of you interested, F&F triple pack was on special last week at kmart for $24.95 which is pretty good value..
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 01:15 PM   #40
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
"Sooo much torque, the chassis twisted off the line" :P
fixed for correctness! silly fev
Old 27-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #41
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fast and Furious is okay for light entertainment. Certainly a lot better than that roadbike rip-off Torque? Damn that movie sucked. Made F&F seem realistic! Holden did make an SS Commodore by the way. There were various versions, eg. Brock HDT Group A SS, and then the TWR/HSV Walkinshaw Group A SS. Now let us speak no longer of VL Commodores

LOCO XP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #42
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ah, thanks man just goin from memory, obviously a lil wrong but the gist of its there lol..

why do you guys not like the 3rd one? the 2nd one imo was horrible.. 70% of the driving was CGI! crap cars and worse acting lol.. atleast the 3rd one was almost entirely original - hell it had an RB26DETT Mustang!! awesome
Old 27-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #43
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fev, you're gonna get lynched for liking a mustang with a RB engine in it!!!

i honestly thought the 3rd was better than the 2nd, but the 2nd did provide a hell of a lot more funny lines that you can say with mates and shake your head and think, wow, how did they figure this was a good idea.
Old 27-08-2008, 01:45 PM   #44
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
ah, thanks man just goin from memory, obviously a lil wrong but the gist of its there lol..

why do you guys not like the 3rd one? the 2nd one imo was horrible.. 70% of the driving was CGI! crap cars and worse acting lol.. atleast the 3rd one was almost entirely original - hell it had an RB26DETT Mustang!! awesome
Burn him!!! :. They destroyed a perfectly good mustang. The 3rd film was by FAR the WORST episode ever... Watched it once and thats 1 time to many.
FlipXW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 01:45 PM   #45
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hehe i know but i still think its a cool idea, the RB is alot lighter which would provide a much more agile and balanced car

i guess your right there, but overall the 3rd was much better imo. way better acting, characters, story line and whomever the director was, he's a legend. he captured the driving perfectly on camera

i also wanna put a LS7 in a XR8 muahahhaa FRANKENFORDS!!!
Old 27-08-2008, 01:50 PM   #46
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev

RB26DETT MUSTANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : : :

The annoying thing was that they only built one Mustang with a RB26 all the stunts (ie. drifting) was done with Mustangs with Windsor V8's.

I agree that second F&F was lame except for the Challenger and Camaro that obliterate the ricers at least until Paul Walker uses ""skill""

I hope they kill off Walker. All the other characters are fine.
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #47
Monga

Quote:
RB26DETT MUSTANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : : :

The annoying thing was that they only built one Mustang with a RB26 all the stunts (ie. drifting) was done with Mustangs with Windsor V8's.

I agree that second F&F was lame except for the Challenger and Camaro that obliterate the ricers at least until Paul Walker uses ""skill""

I hope they kill off Walker. All the other characters are fine.
Hey the Mustang was awesome, don't bag it. Replace the crappy V8 with a more modern and torqhy 2.6L engine, whats the problem? And twin turbo? Hey, win win?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #48
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i need that "stirring the pot" emoticon i saw on the blog with the Ba that sunk at the boat ramp :P
Old 27-08-2008, 02:08 PM   #49
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOCO XP
Now let us speak no longer of VL Commodores
What, no discussion on the Polariser?

I have watched the F&F movies out of boredom on occassion but its a shame F&F has actually become a 'how to' documentary for tools who like to show off their cars on Today Tonight!

When will some uber cool affro'd mechanic raise the Spit Bridge a little during a rice race and wreck some Sydney rice (ref opening race of F&F 2).
Old 27-08-2008, 02:10 PM   #50
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha, all that is required is huge vinyls down the side and HKS, A'pexi and stickers of the like on your car on the front doors which does not have any parts equipped of said brands
Old 27-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #51
Trek
Blue blooded

I can do without doof ringing in my ears once again, I'll definitely steer clear of this. I mean, 2 was afwul, as outlined, but I forgot there was even a third movie. Damn. We don't need a fourth, IMO. I can see how these movies are ridiculous, however, I can't see the humorous side of all this :/
Trek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #52
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have you seen the 3rd one though? its actually quite good imo
Old 27-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #53
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monga
Hey the Mustang was awesome, don't bag it. Replace the crappy V8 with a more modern and torqhy 2.6L engine, whats the problem? And twin turbo? Hey, win win?
Mate you have NFI (no offence).

Using a RB26 doesn't even make sense. The RB26 is not a good drift motor as it is too high revving and lacks low down torque due to being a race engine. All the drifters with Skylines use the RB25 as it has a better spread of torque. Go to a drift day and I guarantee you wont find any serious drifters using a RB26.

Mustang Nismo was a good novelty but is an insult to how many good V8 drift cars are out there. I think a 67 Mustang with 4.6L Modular would have been appropriate.
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 06:50 PM   #54
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

They movies are good dumb entertainment, i enjoy F&F just as much as Gone in 60 seconds, Running on empty or mad max...its not like their are many car movies to go out and see nowdays.

And car movies have always had unrealistic happenings an poorly used lingo.

First one was good, number 2 was bad, 3 had some good chase scenes and stunts.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 06:58 PM   #55
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilXR8
Burn him!!! :. They destroyed a perfectly good mustang. The 3rd film was by FAR the WORST episode ever... Watched it once and thats 1 time to many.

I think Gammaboy summed it up well with this Gem from 2 years ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
The movie was filmed in LA.

I'll bet the process went like this:

Film making retard 1: "What sort of car can our american hero on the run from the law in tokyo drive?"
Film making retard 2: "I dont know, some kind of american car?"
Film making retard 1: "Hey yeah, cool idea."
Film making retard 2: "You know, that car in that Gone in 60 seconds was pretty cool"
Film making retard 1: "Awesome! but how can we make it appeal to the Dorifto crowd? You know, all those kids with their Hondas and their spikey hair and blue sunglasses and visors and stuff?" (American ricers)
Film making retard 2: "I know, we can make it like the cars they have on their posters that they masturbate over every night... what are those things? Sky... Skysomethings"
Film making retard 1: "Yeah! lets put like thos big wheels and one of those motors in the old car!"
Film making retard 2: "Cool!!"
Film making retard 1: "Mad tyte Yo!"
Film making retard 2: "Hey, do you want to come round and watch Broke Back Mountain on my Plasma tonight?"
Film making retard 1: "Sure!"
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 07:56 PM   #56
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Lets not forget the most important lesson from these movies, the LAPD responds to one hooning incident with the entire force lol!
Old 27-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #57
xr8 utey
FORD DRIVERS WANTED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
"Sooo much torque, the chassis twisted on take off" :P

where's rogercordia when you need him
he would blow us away with his expertise on this matter
Old 27-08-2008, 09:39 PM   #58
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's an orange RX-8, if i remember correctly, that gets distroyed by Vin Desil

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 09:59 PM   #59
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny how for the actors, the movie that made them big is the movie role they cant escape.

I will be seeing it with a few mates, but the movies plot looks more or less the same as the first one bar the location, the cars and the cargo they are stealing.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 10:14 PM   #60
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Dodge in the first movie was mighty impressive, wheelstands on take off.....with no traction
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post