Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-01-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Default Dyno with your iPhone

This is no doubt old news, but have any of you guys seen this app for the iPhone?

http://www.cnet.com.au/cartech/acces...pt_dynolicious

Will give elapsed times, acceleration, and power reading on road

For $14.99 it seems a bargain, and has had good reviews.

Pity I don't have an iPhone!!

Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2009, 02:18 AM   #2
r3dfutura
r3dfutura

There is a free application that does much the same thing but slightly different called "Rev Lite". Look it up in iTunes, its genius!
Police Mode
Upper+Lower Chrome Grilles
Tint
2.5" X-Force Catback System
5x7 Splits in the back, Sony XPLOD Sub, Cadence 4 Channel Amp
:

more
r3dfutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
RJO89
EuroFordClub

I've got that program Steve. Works alright, but it's a bit of a bugger to calibrate and use each time. Trying to drive like you stole it and work a touch screen phone at the same time probably isn't the best idea!! I got my mate to hold it steady while I tested it out, and it gave half decent results. Definitely worth the $15, even if it's just for the novelty of it!

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
819_FLY

Im assuming you need to fork out $700+ on a I-phone first..... G-Techs are a tad cheaper!!

Check out 819FLY!!
819_FLY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #5
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

I got my wife an iphone for Christmas, looks like a nice little toy for a $15 add on.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
LUXO_8
windsor user

thats pretty cool, might have to get that one
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #7
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

There is one just called "PocketDyno".

Its a free app, so not sure how accurate etc it is.