Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 26-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #61
sven

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRtZ
how do they measure it? "dB meter on the windscreen, only shows up above or below 120"
not many stereo's would be 120dB on the windscreen would they.

if you get pulled over and dont think they heard your stereo remove your face-plate and say "it must have been that car"

dont stress... their more likely to get you for having tyres only rated to 180km/h or number plate light not visible during the day...
Old 26-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #62
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brax
I would just like to see someone go down Chapel St Prahran or Fitzroy St in St.Kilda, with Beethoven or Bach playing out of their stereos loudly and get pulled over. It's always the Doof Doof music playing people getting pulled over.
I played Thunderstruck after an AC/DC Concert and had some Fans jump on my car and do air guitar on my roof and on my bonnet - my car was a 1982 Toyota Corona DOOF DOOF Wagon so dents didn't matter.

Onviously they were drunk but it was very funny.........

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 11:08 PM   #63
BJ
Banned

Quote:
well that's good 4 u. not the question tho.... didnt read "who is safe from this element of hoon laws?" did it? plus my car doesnt look like a hoon car either but i go onto my P's next yr so i will get pulled!
You my friend are full of shiit.
It never was and never will be a law. If you got your head out of your **** once and a while and go and speak to the police yes go and talk to them you would know that they can do that to you.
Now how do i know this because i work in that department of Vic Roads. If you want to know whats going on go and ask, they wont bite your head of. If there is one thing i hate that is some one who believes his own bull shiit. bj
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 11:56 PM   #64
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

pfft, what a load of ****. I'd be suprised if 120dB wasn't achieveable on some factory fitted stereo's anyway. It's about the same dB level as standing next to a chainsaw. The cops aren't gonna whip out a dB meter and start their own little sound pressure level competition with your car. It's just basic courtesy not to pump multiple subwoofer stereo's in busy streets where it could possibly disturb shop keepers by vibrating shop windows etc or in residential area's late at night. That's the kind of behaviour that will get you in trouble.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #65
sven

Quote:
Stereo: MP3 tuner, 5 1/4" splits, 6.5" rears, 2 x 12" subs, Response Precision amp feedin 350wrms to each sub = 135.5 Db
just wondering where you put the dB metre when you took that reading... that seems WAY to high to me..
Old 27-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #66
frost
Banned

must of done in it a tin shed with a concrete floor!
frost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 04:29 PM   #67
MIEF9640

I am amazed at how many people registered within this forum are of the impression they are above the law . You think this is a new thing being rousted by the cops !!! Christ i have been involved with cars for thirty years and it has never been any different !!!!! why don't you all grow a friggin brain and just ********n grow up and respect what you have put all the time and bloody effort into.....and let other people comment because of how good it looks not because of how much a *********t that bloke is , You have put all that time and money into it then learn to enjoy it. And before you can me for this I have owned and built cars such as rambler hornets , zg fairlanes , torana's and commodores , NOT one of these was a stock vehicle and i have more run in's with coppers than i care to remember>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Let's all work towards one goal and making the BLUE OVAL admired for what it is not the amount of hoon value :the_finge :evilsasmo
MIEF9640 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 04:47 PM   #68
BlackLS

From the above link: http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/10/1019.asp

"Separate microphone and video modules are pole-mounted in waterproof boxes that communicate with a laptop control unit using WiFi"

Hehehehe Hopefully someone with a clue should be able to get into this and "delete" their fine Free DB readings!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 05:38 PM   #69
Mitch_

haha get an airhorn, and set it up near the microphone...:P that'd stuff them up when a little old grandma goes past in her camry that is pumping out 120DB :P
Mitch_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 05:50 PM   #70
luke

luke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 06:23 PM   #71
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ
You my friend are full of shiit.
It never was and never will be a law. If you got your head out of your **** once and a while and go and speak to the police yes go and talk to them you would know that they can do that to you.
Now how do i know this because i work in that department of Vic Roads. If you want to know whats going on go and ask, they wont bite your head of. If there is one thing i hate that is some one who believes his own bull shiit. bj
yeah thanks for that mate.. try reading the original post properly... :the_finge

FROST: the dB meter was suction cupped to the lower passenger corner of the windscreen inside the car... was done outside on gravel... :the_finge

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #72
BJ
Banned

Quote:
yeah thanks for that mate.. try reading the original post properly... :the_fringe

FROST: the dB meter was suction cupped to the lower passenger corner of the windscreen inside the car... was done outside on gravel... :the_finge
I stand by what i said. I have read nearly all of your post on here, and it would seem to me you are always the victim never the course. Why don't you just grow up and act like an adult. the world does not owe you anything. You will never be seen as anything else other than a winger. :
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 07:45 PM   #73
sven

Quote:
yeah thanks for that mate.. try reading the original post properly... :the_finge

:the_finge back to you mate... you wont make many friends reacting to peoples comments like that... i was the one that asked the dB question not Frost so you should probably apologise for your :the_finge to him. Also BJ gave you a good piece of advice, ASK THE BLOODY COPS!!
The reason i asked is because the threshold of pain for humans is 130dB so i find you reading of 135dB way to excessive for a system that cost less than $800. What did you use, a $20 k-mart tester or something.