Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-11-2006, 10:41 AM   #91
itsdamafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordowner
I just sent him an email, saying that I have heard of him through a ford club and im a little worried that I will not get my item that I won off him.

This was his reply....

"Good day sir but I dont give a sh#t about your ford club or any other fu@#ing idiots club on Ebay as there is a lot of them, be assured no one has paid for an item and has not recieved it and my 9 negatives are from 6 crook sellers and three idiot buyers that they havent paid but are allowed via Ebay to post you a negative giving other reasons to cover themselves. If Ebay recieves a complaint about no item recieved will 100% investigate and close the site down.
Thanks for your time anyway."

Hmmmmm.

What did you expect? Has he done wrong by you? Why stir the pot, especially while your waiting for your item to arrive?!!!
EF Fairmont: Extractors & 2 1/2" Sports Exhaust, High Flow Cat, Single Muffler, Twin 3" Stainless Tips, Polished Throttle Body, EL GT Cold Air Induction, K&N Filter, Twin 12" Subs Custom Box, Sony Explod 270w 4 Ways, Bridgestone Eager's on Rear, Alarm, Tinted Windows, Fluffy Dice!!!
itsdamafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 07:34 PM   #92
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman
I purchased a tickford cluster off him a while back and it arrived and was perfect. I purchased a second one for a mate (outside of ebay) and it turned up but was a series one cluster with a series 2 (blue) xr face on it, he lied about it of course

The exact same thing happened to me. Bought a series 2 cluster (thats what I was told) and it was a series 1 with the blue fascia. I have ended up giving it to Stav and need to trak down another for myself.

In the end he is a rude pr!ck.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 08:55 PM   #93
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Question

mmmm...I was just about to post some wheels for sale on ebay, this is my first dealings with ebay so i thought it may be worthwhile to read some of the ebay threads on ff.

From what i can gather if you do your deals (sell/buy) through paypal you should be safe from being ripped off??

Being a first timer will i find it difficult to sell my products because i don't have history ie feedback?

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 09:07 PM   #94
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Ebay is like many things, some good and some bad. I have sold heaps and bought little and despite ebay hitting sellers with ever increasing fees have enjoyed and benefited from the experience.
Old 16-11-2006, 09:13 PM   #95
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Noddy, you'll be right, amongst other things I've bought two sets of wheels off ebay, I've sold one set, and I'm selling another at the moment. I use paypal or COD and haven't had a problem. Expecially as a seller I can't see there being a problem. As long as you have the money in your hand or account before you part with your goods, I can't see any problems. You're more likely to get ripped off as a buyer, but again, most of the time everything is fine. The only thing is paypal end up ripping you to accept paypal, I think it's 3.4% of the sale price, so if you can get cash off the buyer it'll save you some money. Having it as a payment option does help to sell stuff though, since people can use credit cards or whatever they choose, and it doesn't make any difference to you. Good luck with it!
I don't think zero feedback is a problem either, it hasn't ever put me off if I want something. I think negative feedbacks are more of a concern!
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 09:29 PM   #96
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

I was out bid on an item from this seller but was contacted by him because the deal fell thru or whatever and I was the second highest bidder. I was a bit suss and declined because his unusual terms and conditions 'hurt my eyes', as well as the fact bidder's id's wern't disclosed. Ultimately it made me wonder if some buddies of his or ''phantom bidders' had inflated the price?. Sure enough I have seen the same item advertised again by him as well as others at a much lower price.
Old 16-11-2006, 10:29 PM   #97
ashmann
Fastideous Car Owner

Thumbs down

I have bought from him and got lucky and got away ok... sorry to hear of the problems, but in saying that, avoid this user as well "delco79".

Does not respond to emails, apart from asking for his money initially
bad packaging (the window switches were rattling around in a box...
slow to post (paid paypal on 3 Nov, Posted 13 Nov, Arrived 16 Nov)
Avoid him....

Last edited by ashmann; 16-11-2006 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Make his name stand out more
ashmann is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 10:21 AM   #98
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmann
I have bought from him and got lucky and got away ok... sorry to hear of the problems, but in saying that, avoid this user as well "delco79".

Does not respond to emails, apart from asking for his money initially
bad packaging (the window switches were rattling around in a box...
slow to post (paid paypal on 3 Nov, Posted 13 Nov, Arrived 16 Nov)
Avoid him....
But: "Look, I have 100% feedback"
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 01:26 PM   #99
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK guys well he has written to me again, heres what he said...

"Good day,
Your item has been posted via Australia registered ON THE HOUSE post ref #########
Thanks for your business & have a nice day.
UNLTD8
Ps and please advise your mates in nationals that only when you pay for R/R you recieved R/R!!!!
not pay for mini and and expect to recieve R&R and only when you pay you recieve an item.
Thanks again for your time."

Well their you have it, does not make much sence to me tho.
Just have to wait and see if I actually get the steering wheel which I won off him on the 1st of November.

Ill keep you guys posted.
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 02:27 PM   #100
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't pay for a Mini and expect to get a Rolls Royce? Translation: He doesn't give a shit whether his customers are happy or not as long as they pay.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2006, 03:41 AM   #101
fmc351
let it burn

Its actually funny how many people will list an item that in good condition is worth say $100, you ask about specific condition, ie: things you know go wrong with said item, and they say "its only $1 mate" because thats the start price. Its a god damned auction you imbiciles, its priced at whatever it ends at.

i just dont bother with people who cant be clear and concise in the listing, or at least answering questions.

From what Ive read about this guy, he probably has several of the items he lists. If the auction reaches a good price, you get the good one, if not, you get the one not actually in the pic.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2006, 09:09 AM   #102
HOON69
Banned

Reading the entire thread,his feedback and the ppl who left this guy feedback etc
if you noticed that most the negatives are from non ebay users all/most are no longer registered accounts? funny and a coincidence? whom knows.

anyways reading though all the above and not knowing EXACTLY how or what transpired
mybe the guy is legit whilst on ebay and maybe because its a non ebay item/deal his taking you for a ride and imho all the answers this idiot (that seems to be his favourite word btw) his def taking you for a ride,best bet is to get as many details as possible and get the ball rolling and take him to court.

he might have a good %%%% with sales etc but his choice of words shows his a complete phucktard!
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2006, 12:48 AM   #103
AU1FORME
Son of Wolverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian 6T
Guys,

I have lost $400 to this guy. He has come up with so many excuses it not funny. There is nothing i can do.

The story go's.....

I wanted to purchase two new EL fairmont headlights and was all good until he contacted me to say that he will give it to me cheaper. I was very new at ebay so i did not know you could deduct a discount once you buy item. Any he ended up sending it but called me to tell me that it was the wrong lights and asked if i could send it back. I called to post office and they did.

Then nothing. I called and he said that his assistant was sorting it out. The best one he gave me is when he said he didnt have any left so he was going to refund me. A week after he says that he got his briefcase stolen with all his cards and everything in it and is wait for his bank to give him new accounts.

Ive attached his info below:

Ebay name: UNITD8

Name: Kerry

Email: evassili@bigpond.net.au

He sells alot of Ford stuff.

Do a search on ebay under discription for evassili and you should read all his crap about why he has all those negative feedbacks.

IF HE CAN SCAM YOU HE WILL. Its your choice.
Adrian Did you get your lights he has some take a look at his current auctions.
Old 19-11-2006, 01:05 AM   #104
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU1FORME
Adrian Did you get your lights he has some take a look at his current auctions.
The "EF/L Fairmont" he has listed appear to me to be aftermarket (non genuine), if this is the case, prospective buyers will be in for a nasty (way overpriced) surprise, a "carefully worded" description indeed, he states, "COMPARE THE OTHERS SELLING COPIES AND YOU WILL SEE IMMEDIATLEY THE DIFFERENCE."
Make of it what you will :
Old 19-11-2006, 01:25 AM   #105
AU1FORME
Son of Wolverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dok
The "EF/L Fairmont" he has listed appear to me to be aftermarket (non genuine), if this is the case, prospective buyers will be in for a nasty (way overpriced) surprise, a "carefully worded" description indeed, he states, "COMPARE THE OTHERS SELLING COPIES AND YOU WILL SEE IMMEDIATLEY THE DIFFERENCE."
Make of it what you will :

hmmm maybe I need sleep I didnt see that.
Old 20-11-2006, 12:08 AM   #106
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Paypal isnt all its cracked up to be either. Purchased a medical dictionary off US EBay(not the first time Ive used it) payed with Paypal. Item no show after a cpl of weeks, sent seller a cpl of emails and no reply.Seller deregistered from EBay between payment and emails. Lodged complaint with Paypal, they tried to contact seller(according to info in complaint), no luck for them either. They decided case in my favour which was $27.50 USD minus their fee which was $25 USD so I got a grand rebate of $2.50 USD! This was all that was in the sellers account, they say they will pursue the seller for the rest. Fat chance of any other funds I`d say but we live in hope, lucky it wasnt a huge amount.
Old 22-11-2006, 01:24 PM   #107
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, I got the steering wheel off him!

No problems at all.
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 01:36 PM   #108
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian 6T
Already tried but the cops wont do it. Thanks anyway.
You need to get everything together and speak to the fraud squad , inisst as it is small but what else has he renigged on ?
You local coppers will avaoid it like the plague as it will cut into the sitting on the butts time .
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2006, 06:52 PM   #109
miitch
orgasmic.

Well I got my item off him, sent quickly, packaged well etc, but not matching (see thread here: http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=75432 )

So i'm wondering wether to send it back to him or not, and if I do it will be by aus post COD.

Any suggestions?

121.0rwkw
miitch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post