Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-12-2006, 01:01 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Incentive Focus Ghia

If you are interested in a Focus Ghia. Ford have the Ghia at $29990 drive away, until Dec 30. This is in Queensland, don't know if applies Aus wide.

csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2006, 03:42 PM   #2
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

only problem is the ghia doesn't come in manual :(
Old 19-12-2006, 08:14 PM   #3
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That sounds good, except you can pretty much walk in off the street and get one driveaway any time at that price... If you said $27k driveaway, it would certainly open some eyes....
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2006, 08:46 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Good luck getting one, theres probarly only 4 - 5 in brisbane!
Smoke Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2006, 11:08 PM   #5
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec20
only problem is the ghia doesn't come in manual :(
A mate of mine was looking at a Ghia but is now considering other options because of the lack of manual transmission.
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2006, 11:51 PM   #6
WASP
Whipple Induced

IMO the 5 speeder and clutch is pretty average anyway. If I had my time again I would have bought my wife the auto.It's way more responsive in normal traffic conditions. Now if your taking the XR5, that a completely different ball game altogether. Much nicer box and clutch to boot.

The bigger issue IMO is the ghia only comes as a sedan, but they do look good with the 17" Zetec wheels.

Whats the normal RRP plus on roads for one csv8?
Old 20-12-2006, 12:09 AM   #7
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
Good luck getting one, theres probarly only 4 - 5 in brisbane!
Colours available..Dawn Blue, Titanium and Pure Silver in Brisbane. Only 3 available. Black is also available but in north Qld.
Old 20-12-2006, 12:11 AM   #8
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
IMO the 5 speeder and clutch is pretty average anyway. If I had my time again I would have bought my wife the auto.It's way more responsive in normal traffic conditions. Now if your taking the XR5, that a completely different ball game altogether. Much nicer box and clutch to boot.

The bigger issue IMO is the ghia only comes as a sedan, but they do look good with the 17" Zetec wheels.

Whats the normal RRP plus on roads for one csv8?
Normal on road, depends on dealer costs but Ghia is $30990rrp+orcs. so around $32990. The incentive could save you $3k approx. Not a bad deal.
Old 20-12-2006, 12:23 AM   #9
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Normal on road, depends on dealer costs but Ghia is $30990rrp+orcs. so around $32990. The incentive could save you $3k approx. Not a bad deal.
Well then, so your price is less than retail and includes all on road costs. That can't be a bad thing. Thanks csv8.
Old 20-12-2006, 01:05 AM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Colours available..Dawn Blue, Titanium and Pure Silver in Brisbane. Only 3 available. Black is also available but in north Qld.
Ive seen a Dawn blue one at Q FORD and it was a heap of ****, things missing off it etc etc.

Not a fan, after losing 10 k on our Focus in 12 months and ****ing it off coz it was a lemon Ford will never see us buying one of thier south african pieces of ****...
Smoke Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2006, 07:55 PM   #11
Lagom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
IMO the 5 speeder and clutch is pretty average anyway. If I had my time again I would have bought my wife the auto.It's way more responsive in normal traffic conditions.
Funny thing is I think the opposite, I think the 4 speed auto is average, but the 5 speed manual quite good

The auto really saps a lot of power, it only feels good in first gear and I'd argue that's due to cheeky throttle mapping. Feels alright in second gear, however the manual feels quite reasonable in the first three gears.

Good positive shift, not sloppy, perhaps a tad notchy, but the shift gates are well defined.

Auto has too high a stall converter, revs flare a lot, torque converter rarely locks up unless cruising. I'm used to good modern autos that lock up the torque converter quite easily to give better fuel economy and more control (i.e. more like a manual).
Lagom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 11:59 PM   #12
BrisVegas
Noobie

There's some pretty good pricing about at the moment. I got the following DRIVEAWAY prices from Denmac Ford in Darra...

06 Zetec Auto - $27.5k
06 Zetec Man - $26.5k
06 LX Auto - $25.5k
06 LX Man - $24.5k

I went with the Zetec manual in Black Sapphire. I really wanted a sedan, but wife will drive it more than me and she loves hatches.... so be it... The Zetec looks pretty decent on 17's with the body kit. Should have it next week.
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post