Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 02-04-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
BlackLS

Default LS Focus Brakes

I'm coming to the time where my brakes need doing.

Firstly, I'm a bit dirty at Ford for putting the 1.6L Euro brakes (278mm F/265mm R Dia) on our 2.0L (there euro focus is 300mm / 280mm). Yes the rear brakes on the euro Focus is bigger than our fronts.

Anyways,

I'm almost definatly getting DBA slotted fronts, but just wondering what pads people have encountered for the LS apart from Ford OEM.

Also anyone know of any other rotors that are avaliable locally

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

On the LR, I got RDA slotted rotors rather than DBA and am very happy
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #3
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

must say I used RDA in my rally car rather than DBA. half the cost, performed very well and never broke or even warped any. I use bendix ultimate pads which are kinda abrasive but never faded and even worked ok when cold.

for a road car however I would use a softer compound pads like bendix advance. I like this compount a lot on the road... very good feel and once again won't fade even when thrashing around.
More revs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 04:52 PM   #4
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

I think PBR do rotors too. Their stuff is usually very good.
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2007, 11:38 AM   #5
BlackLS

Fronts:
Dia 278
Height 48.5
Thickness 25/23
Centre Hole Dia 63.5
Bolt Holes 5

Rears:
Dia 265
Height 41
Thickness 11/9
Centre Hole Dia 63.5
Bolt Holes 5

Just got off the phone with Repco
$145 each for standard rotors
Part numbers are:
2118 for the front
2119 for the rear

$180 each for the slotted rotors
2118SL for front left, 2118SR for front right
2119SL for rear left, 2119SR for front right

Pads by Bendix:
Fronts are $81, part number 7690CT
They don't make rears yet but their part number would be DB1759CT

If your having trouble looking for brake pads, spark plugs, clutch, oil filter or fuel filter, Mazda 3 2.0L uses the same as our Focus.

Air filter and brake discs are different though
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2007, 02:12 PM   #6
kenny21
This is really me :)

Hey yea ma dad has 2 LR company focus's and 1 LS focus and he got all the brakes done on them recently and the LR was easy as pis* to get aftermarket aussie brakes for and the LS was a bit harder to get aussie pads and rotors cause not many ppl are stocking the stuff yet. Cause its easy to get the standard pads and rotors but they wear out in 30 000km cause they designed for europe and the rotors are softer then the pads.
Also for a light little road car dont go fancy slotted rotors cause it wont make jack difference unless ur pushin the brakes pretty hard around a race track. I just got aussie steel rotors and ive pushed em as hard as i can on the road but havnt cooked em and thats cause max speed of only like 120 so yea something to have a think bout
kenny21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post