Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-07-2007, 09:33 PM   #31
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

yeah i saw this on the news..not very pretty at all, if someone did that to my car i would ask them would they like that to happen to them or even a loved one? or how would you feel if that car was your granmothers. Yes in my books its attempted murder or even manslaughter if the guy died. this stuff really gets on my nerves, they need to be taught a lesson or 50.
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 10:29 PM   #32
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have had a Bottle throne at us once when we were in the car , it narrowly missed ( Not the same i know), There we 5 of them to 2 of us, so not a lot we could have done, but what gets me is you are completely powerless to do anything to these dick heads, If they hurl a rock at you, that’s it, you throe it back at em and injure them you are now the criminal.

It's crap, people like this should just be taken out and Shot, society is filled with too many people like this.
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 11:05 PM   #33
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
Probably take into consideration the hard life he has had, and will give him a slap on the wrist. The courts are a god damn joke these days. When was the last time anybody saw a decent sentence? Last one I remember was in 2001 when that pack rapist copped 50 odd years (which was later reduced anyway. Typical)
they should make an example out of this to try and get the message through to these retards. throw away the key to show others what's waiting for them.
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 11:40 PM   #34
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From my understanding, Manslaughter is when you kill somebody through negligence or stupidity rather than the intent to kill. Intent to kill is murder.

Also, 15 is NOT understandable. 15 year olds know EXACTLY what they are doing.

A 25 year old should also know, regardless of their upbringing. If people want to hurt themselves, that's their issue. Almost killing others is not how we deal with problems in this "civilised" country called New Holland.

I hope that during his time in jail, a big man called "Bubba" made him his "special friend."
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 12:09 AM   #35
Scott

Poor, poor girl. Amazingly she was in the backseat too - a rock at that speed is just plain frightening.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 12:23 AM   #36
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

It was just on the news not so long ago, the guy has been released on bail.

So he's out walking free while she is quite the opposite, That sux.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 01:22 AM   #37
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did anyone see the guy on the news? Looked like a real toss as well.
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #38
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

that's really, really sad i really feel for the family of that poor woman. Sadly i "had" friends who were just as lethal, throwing bigger things like computer monitors off overpasses. They are even crazy enough to have films of it that they show like trophies to their mates. They better hope the police don't get hold of them...
Old 24-07-2007, 11:21 AM   #39
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThundaBird
that's really, really sad i really feel for the family of that poor woman. Sadly i "had" friends who were just as lethal, throwing bigger things like computer monitors off overpasses. They are even crazy enough to have films of it that they show like trophies to their mates. They better hope the police don't get hold of them...
Why don't you make an anonymous tip to the police? Dropkicks like this deserve punishment.

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 11:52 AM   #40
red_hotxr6
Banned

What the heck is happening to our society, these people dont seem to care what they do, i reckon we need capitol punishment back..our social and moral values have just slipped so far behind..
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 01:39 PM   #41
Neeek
65 Galaxie Hardtop

I'm not generally a vindictive sort, but frankly I'd have great pleasure in bashing the crap out of this guy. I just can't understand why someone would even think about doing it...

I hope the courts throw everything they possibly can at him and he ends up suffering as much as the poor girl and her family/friends. He deserves all of it.

Neeek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2007, 05:44 PM   #42
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninemsn
Rock attack victim 'won't be the same'
Thursday Jul 26 16:03 AEST
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=107420
The mother of Nicole Miller, the young woman smashed on the head by a rock thrown from a road bridge, fears her daughter's terrible injuries will have changed her forever.

Yet despite the anguish, Mrs Jenny Tillet says she still feels some compassion for the man charged over the horrific incident.

Twenty-two-year-old Ms Miller, travelling in the back of a car, was struck on the head by a rock thrown from a Princes Highway overpass near Wollongong on Sunday as she headed home after a night out with friends.

The rock, understood to be almost as big as a house brick, blasted through the car window and grazed her brain. Surgeons had to remove a portion of her skull to save her.

Mrs Tillet told reporters on Thursday that her daughter had awoken on Wednesday from a medically-induced coma and had said "a few words" since.

The family was ecstatic with Nicole's progress, said Mrs Tillet, but she added that it was apparent the daughter she once knew was no more.

"It's fairly clear that once you've had a head injury that that person never comes back," Mrs Tillet said.

"So we are looking at a new girl."

Speaking outside Wollongong Hospital during a break in her bedside vigil, she said the ordeal had been "horrific" for everyone close to her daughter.

But she said she was grateful that Nicole was now responding to treatment.

"She has said a couple of things and made some movements," Mrs Tillet said.

"She told me my hands were cold.

"She pushed my hands away and said 'cold'.

"So I warmed my hand up and put it back."

Mrs Tillet told reporters that "in a strange way" she had compassion for the man who allegedly hurled the brick.

Asked why, she replied: "Because he is a human being."

Ms Miller's boyfriend Andrew Timbs said he shared that compassion, and for the same reason.

Mr Timbs said Nicole had squeezed his hand and they had looked into each other's eyes.

He told her that he loved her.

"We've just got to deal with it now it's done," Mr Timbs told reporters.

A 25-year-old Kiama man charged with throwing the rock has reportedly gone into hiding but is complying with bail conditions and reporting to police.

He is due to face Wollongong Local Court on August 21, charged with maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm and malicious wounding.

©AAP 2007
I don't think I'd have the same compassion for the offender as the relatives do.
If it was an accident, not directly caused by the offender (Rock falling from a truck that he was driving) then I might understand.
But this offender has been charged with throwing the rock from the overpass. It clearly was no accident!

He maybe human, that is true, but who throws a house-brick sized rock off an overpass! Seriously! :

But I guess it's easy for me to pass judgement when I'm not in their situation.

Cheers

Darran
Old 26-07-2007, 06:54 PM   #43
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
being 15 , is almost , almost understandable. but 25 . lock him up and throw away the key.
You show to much compassion my friend. I take my hat off to you.
I say give him some of what he dished out. Stone the bastard.

He has ruined a perfectly innocent life. Not to mention the pain which he has put the victims family through.
Where is society heading? It is a real shame but he'll get free room and board at our expense for sometime to come. It seems wrong.

I feel no sorrow for this "thing" (as he is no man). He is a coward and he proved it with the stupid, cowardly act. Nothing but a bum.

Can't tell me he didn't think it through. Can't say enough of my hatred of this sort of in-bred.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2007, 07:01 PM   #44
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darran
I don't think I'd have the same compassion for the offender as the relatives do.
If it was an accident, not directly caused by the offender (Rock falling from a truck that he was driving) then I might understand.
But this offender has been charged with throwing the rock from the overpass. It clearly was no accident!

He maybe human, that is true, but who throws a house-brick sized rock off an overpass! Seriously! :

But I guess it's easy for me to pass judgement when I'm not in their situation.
I read that too and couldn't believe they have compassion for this guy. Obviously common sense doesn't exist to them... throwing a rock off a bridge into a car going the other way is never gonna be pretty. It's gonna hurt, and potentially kill.

True about we're all human... but what decent human does that?
Old 26-07-2007, 07:02 PM   #45
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
What the heck is happening to our society, these people dont seem to care what they do, i reckon we need capitol punishment back..our social and moral values have just slipped so far behind..
I hear you!
Capitol punishment or maditory military service for a period.

Scum such as this lad should be sent to Iraq ......... and used as a sandbag!
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2007, 07:24 PM   #46
Falcon4L
'04 BA XT

what a bloody idiot. By doing that he hasnt just ruined the girls life he's also ruined his... I don't know how funny he think it will be once he realises what he's done to himself.

It's a shame she was only 22 and already her life is going to be completely different.

80 series Turbo Diesel Cruiser
Falcon4L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2007, 07:31 PM   #47
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

This cowardly bastard is hiding now that he has been bailed! Good job that people have been driving past his place yelling abuse at him, unfortunatly his neighbours in the same block of units are suffering because of him ! If it was my fiance he had injured , he would wish he was dead ! This c#*@ should be dead and publicly condemed ! He deserves NO rights !There is no doubt about his intentions towards some innocent motorist , he has waived his rights as a human !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2007, 08:18 PM   #48
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I feel terrible for the women injured. I hope she makes a full recovery and the rock thrower get what is coming to him. What was going through his head I will never know....
sly_ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post