Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-07-2007, 07:47 PM   #31
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

About time!
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2007, 07:57 PM   #32
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wanted Sheeds to stay, I believe he is the best coach by far. The only person I would consider to replace him is Gary O'Donnell.
Jeld-Wen Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2007, 10:47 PM   #33
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
On MOnday night, the board (Graeme Duff) said that Sheedy's position would not be looked at until season's end. What a load of crap.
I heard that replayed tonight - he only said the coaching position was not on the agenda. A board meeting will have an official agenda of business to be dealt with - but other issues can be raised and clearly were in this case. Duff was using a technicality & amusing himself hugely too (laughing)

I have a lot of respect for Kevin Sheedy, he has been great for the Essendon footy club and the AFL as a whole, but I'm not upset he is going. It had to happen sooner or later and I think there is a better coach for Essendon out there - don't ask me to name them though. At this stage I would be happy if Neale Daniher was coach next year.

I think it is good they announced it now rather than waiting, it gives everyone a chance to farewell him and will also put a rocket under the players & other coaching staff.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2007, 12:04 PM   #34
da_ilks

Pretty obvious why it was announced now.... with Daniher, Pagan and Connolly all retiring/sacked, the Bombers couldn't wait until the end of the year to announce Sheedy wouldn't be getting another gig, as they would be out of the race for the best coach (most would have been snapped out by then you'd assume)

I reckon the Rev (Daniher) will go to Essendon.... Wallace will be sweating as well I reckon
da_ilks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2007, 01:05 PM   #35
Rastus
XY,XC,XEx2,XA,EF,AU,BA,XY

Come back to Richmond Sheeds!!!!
Old 27-07-2007, 10:07 PM   #36
herbs

Going by how the Bulldogs are being dismantled by West Coast and last week Geelong, I wonder how secure Rodney Eade is feeling? :togo:
herbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2007, 10:16 PM   #37
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Been a life time supportor of the bombers, dont watch the games or even follow AFL anymore but that came as a real shock to me, grew up with him coaching the bombers. But sheeds has been around long enough to know that it could happen to him. Lets hope they can capture the flag, long shot i know but you never know