Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 24-11-2007, 08:28 AM   #61
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Update:

Yeah he came to school, drove in, parked next the the main building and suprisingly no one came out. At lunch the Cooridinator came across to us and said 'oh i see you have drove to school again, now im going to have to contact your parents and we can decide on a reasonable punishment for this'. Mate says 'Yeah but im finishing school on monday, thats my last exam.' Coordinator replies 'Oh i dont care if its your fisrt or last day, rules are rules' and i said 'Dont forget who pays for your bills' (thanks BLUEPRINT ) 'But for this duty of care thing, is it when you step in the front gate or the moment you leave your house to come to school' Coordinator replies 'Oh yes it is the moment you leave your house, this is why schools have this rule in place, its not trying to make us look over-protective and make it appear that we have an 'anti-P plate policy' its just so parents cant find a way to get us for negligence if the worst does happen, And seeings though i have seen you drive in to school without a note i have to do something about it because if you have an accident tonight with another peer in the car my job will be on the line.'

Yeah thanks for the stories guys! They are all very interesting to read
Old 24-11-2007, 08:31 AM   #62
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCSEDAN
tell them to stick it, park the car there anyways, then on the last day go nuts in the carpark (i did and i still think it was the best thing i ever did in my entire schooling life, well that, and getting 2 teachers fired)

this isn't St Helena by any chance you're talking bout is it?
Nah mate, The school is in Hamilton Victoria, about 2 Hours past Ballarat and 1 Hour From Warrnambool.
Old 24-11-2007, 06:03 PM   #63
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

I can only see one solution. After your last exam rip it up on the ovals :P
Old 25-11-2007, 09:02 AM   #64
blackwood
FiSTed

Bloody private schools! lol.

I went to a public school and I drove to school all the way through yr12. Never had an issue.
Myself and my mates used to drive down to the local Subway at lunch and never got in trouble.
The only issue I had (and it was only minor) was the Deputy Principal trying to track down
who owned the Ford Laser that was being parked on the nature strip. The never
did find out who it was! Hahaha.

One thing that did cause an issue was on Tuesdays yr12 was let out early at 12:15.
About halfway through the year myself and two of my mates turned 18.
So on Tuesday I would leave the car at home and then after school myself and my two
mates would walk down to the local pub and have a couple of beers...in school uniform.
Rofl...gee that caused some .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Said on Mt Panorama
Man if this track were in America it would be illegal!
Old 25-11-2007, 10:45 AM   #65
jonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_rossy
Update:'Oh yes it is the moment you leave your house, this is why schools have this rule in place, its not trying to make us look over-protective and make it appear that we have an 'anti-P plate policy' its just so parents cant find a way to get us for negligence if the worst does happen, And seeings though i have seen you drive in to school without a note i have to do something about it because if you have an accident tonight with another peer in the car my job will be on the line.'

Yeah thanks for the stories guys! They are all very interesting to read
Complete crap the teachers' reply, it's a pity you weren't older & more street wise, sorry but that's a fact. Ever heard of a teacher getting sacked/retiring over a student driving accident ? It's fear stuff. A note does not make the school appear less negligent. Tell your parents to ring the school, the head 'whatever' and refuse permission for punishment since it involves them aswell, you see what I mean... he really should punish your parents aswell... that's why if you apply logic to his arguement, it ain't by any means rock solid. Could go on...
Old 26-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #66
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonk
Complete crap the teachers' reply, it's a pity you weren't older & more street wise, sorry but that's a fact. Ever heard of a teacher getting sacked/retiring over a student driving accident ? It's fear stuff. A note does not make the school appear less negligent. Tell your parents to ring the school, the head 'whatever' and refuse permission for punishment since it involves them aswell, you see what I mean... he really should punish your parents aswell... that's why if you apply logic to his arguement, it ain't by any means rock solid. Could go on...

Yeah i agree, but how exactly would they punish the parents? Yeah a note isnt really 100% rock solid but what else could they do without seeming to over-protective? Because if it came to the point where the parent has to see the teacher face to face before the lift, i think its abit over the top, which potentially is the next step from a note because phone calls arent good enough. Yeah a note doesnt make the school apear less negligent, but it is still written permission for the student to enter the car, so the parents cant really complain to the school if the student is a bad driver, The parents said the child could get in the car so it falls back on the parents, if you get my drift.
Old 26-11-2007, 08:47 PM   #67
stiddy
Banned

Ha some of these stories are making my afternoon..

My story.

I got banned from driving to school for 'leaving the grounds parallel to the road' lol, sunk the boot in and hung the tail out and wheelspun off into the distance. Im going to blame peer pressure :P (13B Turbo RX7 Series 2 rotary)
Anywho phone call saying no driving, laughed at the principal on the phone. Drove to school the next day made sure they knew it was me coming into the school. Yes I am a sh!t stirrer.
Got into a few arguments with a few teachers got them revved up to get the principal which told me to leave the school and dont come back with my car. So I left the school went to a mates, picked up his fully Mirage and went back to school... Well they decided to make me take that car away and not come back for the rest of that day lol. (they didnt say I cant drive a friends car to school LOL)
Phone call to the parents, Mathew is not allowed to drive any form of vehical to the school anymore.
The following day, drove back to school and parked directly across the road from the main office so every teacher and principal could see that it was my car there and not on the school grounds. Bout an hour later, a friend of mine runs into my class saying 'stidds, theres a tow truck near your car' lol pricks have called a towie to get my car..
So I walk up there, guide the tow truck drive back to get my car then jump in reverse back about 20m. Get out and guide him back again. Made a mockery of him and the deputy principal. I thought bugger this im taking my car home. 40m later and a lot of smoke I had gone for another day.
Didnt drive for about 8 or 9 days. Got sick of it and started to drive again (HSC exams).. They warned me again if I drive police will be called, car will be towed etc etc.
Last day of exams, I T'eed it up with dads mate, drive a low 11second XD ute to pick me up after my final exam. Which he gladly did and let me drive out.
Teachers had a fit rang the police rang my parents rang everyone they possibly could while another 40-50m tyre smoking thumping V8 on red P plates was leaving the school.
I got a neg driving fine LOL but damn it was worth it.

Still to this day I havnt heard anything from those teachers, but from friends from other years below me, NO ONE is allowed to drive to school at all aside from parents and teachers.
Old 26-11-2007, 10:38 PM   #68
Shaggzy
"BMX_datto"

Stiddy - Your story has made my night lol. As i cant wait to be able to drive to school next year im sooo glad nobody has done something like that at my school
Old 26-11-2007, 11:10 PM   #69
Xitdxr
1.8 Turbo baby

Stiddy thats an absolute ****er!!!!
Old 26-11-2007, 11:21 PM   #70
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMX_datto
Stiddy - Your story has made my night lol. As i cant wait to be able to drive to school next year im sooo glad nobody has done something like that at my school
In year11 my mate got a detention for 'leaving school property' because he ran out onto the road to lift the rear bumper of a mates car so it would rip a burnout. I remember the auto tech days where the teacher would let us drive our cars into the shop and chuck them up onto the hoist, hell teachers even paid students to fix their cars.

I drove a HG Prem to school in year12, no rear seat belts, and the rules were no mates driven to school. Swing past the station, pick up a carload of the boys and rock up to school, 3 boys in the back with no belts...those were the days "ummm Jarrod wheres the seat belt"...."shutup you dont get one"

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
Old 26-11-2007, 11:25 PM   #71
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
Ha some of these stories are making my afternoon..

My story.

I got banned from driving to school for 'leaving the grounds parallel to the road' lol, sunk the boot in and hung the tail out and wheelspun off into the distance. Im going to blame peer pressure :P (13B Turbo RX7 Series 2 rotary)
Anywho phone call saying no driving, laughed at the principal on the phone. Drove to school the next day made sure they knew it was me coming into the school. Yes I am a sh!t stirrer.
Got into a few arguments with a few teachers got them revved up to get the principal which told me to leave the school and dont come back with my car. So I left the school went to a mates, picked up his fully Mirage and went back to school... Well they decided to make me take that car away and not come back for the rest of that day lol. (they didnt say I cant drive a friends car to school LOL)
Phone call to the parents, Mathew is not allowed to drive any form of vehical to the school anymore.
The following day, drove back to school and parked directly across the road from the main office so every teacher and principal could see that it was my car there and not on the school grounds. Bout an hour later, a friend of mine runs into my class saying 'stidds, theres a tow truck near your car' lol pricks have called a towie to get my car..
So I walk up there, guide the tow truck drive back to get my car then jump in reverse back about 20m. Get out and guide him back again. Made a mockery of him and the deputy principal. I thought bugger this im taking my car home. 40m later and a lot of smoke I had gone for another day.
Didnt drive for about 8 or 9 days. Got sick of it and started to drive again (HSC exams).. They warned me again if I drive police will be called, car will be towed etc etc.
Last day of exams, I T'eed it up with dads mate, drive a low 11second XD ute to pick me up after my final exam. Which he gladly did and let me drive out.
Teachers had a fit rang the police rang my parents rang everyone they possibly could while another 40-50m tyre smoking thumping V8 on red P plates was leaving the school.
I got a neg driving fine LOL but damn it was worth it.

Still to this day I havnt heard anything from those teachers, but from friends from other years below me, NO ONE is allowed to drive to school at all aside from parents and teachers.

Hahahahahahaha Man that is GOLD!!
Gees you have some balls to do that!!
Totally made my night!
Im thinking at least we are lucky to drive to school!

At our school we have a thing called 'Cadets', basically, its like the army, we have the bigest cadet unit in victoria and our school cadet band marches in the anzac day parade in melb, where i almost passed out walking near flinders st station because of the heat and lack of water in front of a heeeap of ppl which could of been very embarrising, but thats another story, (you may of seen us, i was the bass drummer where we have army camo's and full dress and a army officer comes and inspects the whole parade and a parade on the oval (which they dont let anyone walk on for about a month prior) that is 'the biggest day of the schools year' (i bet everyone can see where this is going )
Well, about 8 or 9 years ago a few boarders (its a boarding school also) decided to steal the schools old toyota ute to do some burnouts on the oval the night (happened to be a damp night) before cadet parade! so the next day the oval was absolutely ripped up to peices after about 20 mins of circle work and a rolled ute in the middle (they tossed it over when they were finished) and stole the cadet bands sticks and straps! mind you these were yr12's because the parade is generally a day after muck up day. So to this day, they have Police and Security monitoring the ovals and school grounds for a week prior to this parade for people to do this!!

Wish i had photos!!!!
Old 26-11-2007, 11:33 PM   #72
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

Slightly off topic but this is bringing back some memories. In yr11 we had a bomb threat at our school. So the entire 1300 students are on the front oval in the rain, VN SS comes out of the beach carpark and decides to be a hero and put it sideways...into the gutter. No i remind you we had a bomb threat so that = cops everywhere. No one saw this hero and as he took off proceeded to chase after him to the delight of a screaming 1300 male students chanting.

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
Old 26-11-2007, 11:43 PM   #73
SLO-04L
It Never Ends

HAHAHA this really does bring back old memories, finished school in 04' and we had a similar deal they wanted us to fill out forms with our license number rego make model and car colour and then attach written letters from any parent of mates i would be driving to or from school saying it was alright, it was an absolute joke, in the end i filled out about 8 or nine forms because they kept catching me in different cars(mums dads my 2 grandma's grandpa's uncles and the likes)
but a mate of mine was constantly ripping skids when coming or going they called the cops all they would do was come around and talk to him in the end the cops came around when his old man was home sleeping after a night shift and woke him up, he was so ****ed off he told them it was his car he drives it and hes had issues with teachers hassling his son because of his own history at the school years ago, the cops came back to the school and had a massive go at the teacher and took every single file they had kept about all students vehicles claiming it was a violation of privacy to force students to surrender such information.
Old 26-11-2007, 11:47 PM   #74
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

These stories are gold!
Shame about the off topic rule in this instance, should make a new thread about School Memories!
Old 27-11-2007, 12:44 AM   #75
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

when i was at my old school in yr8,
a mates older bro, and one of his mates had both been banned from school, they decided stuff that and continued driving to school, cops got involved and said there was nothing they would do about it because there was no evidence of any laws been broken (only word of mouth).
on their last day of school they both decided to go out in style, they took their cars (a worked dark metalic blue VN SS making 160rwkw and a black 180sx making in excess of 200rwkw), and decided to have some fun in the back carpark, teachers came out and told them to nick off, so they drove out of school grounds, and did a massive similtanious burnout, they both got into the 3rd gear and held it there, and i kid you not, there was tire smoke about 20m high, it was friggin rediclous!!!!!! still one of the best street burnouts i have ever seen!

at our school no-one did any burnouts at school on the last day.... we went to sugarloaf instead, one of my mates had his VK goin for 3 minutes+ (we have it on film) bloody poor lil 202 was sittin at 6000rpm the entire time.

we drove into our sails yard and did burnouts on the grass area outside our common room, but that was bout it, the teachers were surprisingly relaxed bout that too!!!
Old 28-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #76
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Since when did all this rubbish happen? I finished school in '03, and cars weren't an issue at all. We even had a teacher chase us in his car because he was trying to find out where we drove every lunchtime.

Society is going down the toilet, my girlfriend is a first year secondary school teacher, and just had to learn more about the 'duty-of-care' out of school.

I believe one of the scenarios was that if the teacher is out at a nightclub, and a student or students are spotted, she must ask them to leave. If they don't, she should leave. If said student gets drunk, has a fall and cracks his head, said teacher can be held responsible. It's all crap that makes me so mad, all these parents that look to blame everyone else but themselves when their kids do something wrong.

I must say though, I miss yr12 when we all had cars. Made sure that my mates and I lived up to the promise of coming back and showing the lower oval who's boss :evil3:
Old 28-11-2007, 06:24 PM   #77
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Man
I believe one of the scenarios was that if the teacher is out at a nightclub, and a student or students are spotted, she must ask them to leave. If they don't, she should leave. If said student gets drunk, has a fall and cracks his head, said teacher can be held responsible. It's all crap that makes me so mad, all these parents that look to blame everyone else but themselves when their kids do something wrong.
That's utterly ridiculous if it's true.
Old 28-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #78
savagE
Complete ****** n bogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
That's utterly ridiculous if it's true.
Its true. Me and a few mates (just graduated yr 12) wanted to go out with our year advisor and she said for that following reason she wouldn't.
One teacher did though, risked it and it paid off, champion bloke.
Old 28-11-2007, 07:44 PM   #79
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagE
Its true. Me and a few mates (just graduated yr 12) wanted to go out with our year advisor and she said for that following reason she wouldn't.
One teacher did though, risked it and it paid off, champion bloke.
Geez, times have changed.

My English teacher back in the day threw a party for us for mid-term year 12. He lived with 2 cops, and next door was supposedly a deserted haunted house.

Loads of underage drinking, the house next door got trashed and in the morning he was busted banging one of his students.

Next term, business as usual. :P
Old 29-11-2007, 12:43 AM   #80
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Quote:
Since when did all this rubbish happen? I finished school in '03, and cars weren't an issue at all. We even had a teacher chase us in his car because he was trying to find out where we drove every lunchtime.

Society is going down the toilet, my girlfriend is a first year secondary school teacher, and just had to learn more about the 'duty-of-care' out of school.

I must say though, I miss yr12 when we all had cars. Made sure that my mates and I lived up to the promise of coming back and showing the lower oval who's boss :evil3:
Ohh wow, didn't know it was getting that bad!
Hate to know what it is like in 20 Years!
Yeah parents like that these days are just trying to blame someone else so they dont feel as guilty.
I don't see any reason how a teacher can be held responsible for such an activity as going out to a nightclub which clearly doesn't have anything to do with school! Soon if someone has a fall in the nightclub everyone in the nightclub could be held responsible.
Old 29-11-2007, 02:00 AM   #81
juve_fan14

Quote:

It's not actually true, someone just took a situation out of context or weren't given the right facts when they told that story, just like in any workplace you are not help responsible for any incidents that occur after the hours that you are employed to work, for example if you stay overtime at a factory that you work at and are not using a machine that for one reason or another brakes down, even if you are in charge of that machine if the incident happens after your working hours and you have not caused anything to make this machine brake down you are not liable for the demages.

Old 29-11-2007, 09:32 AM   #82
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Geez, times have changed.

My English teacher back in the day threw a party for us for mid-term year 12. He lived with 2 cops, and next door was supposedly a deserted haunted house.

Loads of underage drinking, the house next door got trashed and in the morning he was busted banging one of his students.

Next term, business as usual. :P
Now thats a party!
Old 29-11-2007, 07:34 PM   #83
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juve_fan14
It's not actually true, someone just took a situation out of context or weren't given the right facts when they told that story, just like in any workplace you are not help responsible for any incidents that occur after the hours that you are employed to work, for example if you stay overtime at a factory that you work at and are not using a machine that for one reason or another brakes down, even if you are in charge of that machine if the incident happens after your working hours and you have not caused anything to make this machine brake down you are not liable for the demages.
Bit of a difference between a broken machine and a child. I thought it was absolute crap when i heard it, but the school had an expert in the legalities of duty-of-care come in and explain this to the new teachers, and this was an actual case.

Another case example given was 2 kids that snuck away from a school camp in the Grampians, caught a bus back to Melbourne and returned home safely. The teacher in charge of the camp was sued by the parents, despite no harm coming to the kids.

Like I posted before, parents just want to shift the blame onto everyone else. Some of the stories I hear from my girlfriend of the kids at her school are just astounding. The stuff they get away with is incredible. Everyone is too afraid nowadays to give out punishments that fit the crime. At her school, there isn't even Saturday morning detentions anymore! Kids are no longer just rebellious and smartasses, they're down right malicious. Some kids have even tried to push one of the teachers down the stairs! This is a respectable private school too.

If my kids turn out this way, they'll cop a swift kick up the ***. Bring back the strap I say! : Some of these kids really deserve it.

I could never be a teacher. : Too much stress.

Last edited by K_Man; 29-11-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 29-11-2007, 08:57 PM   #84
juve_fan14

Quote:
Bit of a difference between a broken machine and a child. I thought it was absolute crap when i heard it, but the school had an expert in the legalities of duty-of-care come in and explain this to the new teachers, and this was an actual case.

Another case example given was 2 kids that snuck away from a school camp in the Grampians, caught a bus back to Melbourne and returned home safely. The teacher in charge of the camp was sued by the parents, despite no harm coming to the kids.

Like I posted before, parents just want to shift the blame onto everyone else. Some of the stories I hear from my girlfriend of the kids at her school are just astounding. The stuff they get away with is incredible. Everyone is too afraid nowadays to give out punishments that fit the crime. At her school, there isn't even Saturday morning detentions anymore! Kids are no longer just rebellious and smartasses, they're down right malicious. Some kids have even tried to push one of the teachers down the stairs! This is a respectable private school too.

If my kids turn out this way, they'll cop a swift kick up the ***. Bring back the strap I say! : Some of these kids really deserve it.

I could never be a teacher. : Too much stress.
There isn't a difference between children and machine when it comes to work, you're employed to do what you're supposed to and if you fail to do that you face the consequences, your other example i have no doubts about because the teacher was meant to be looking after the kids at the camp and failed to do so.

You're right about the kids though, if anyones been watching the news lately there was a bunch of young teenagers that beat up a cop and his gf in queensland i think, even though i feel for the cop i think its a little sad that the cop wasn't able to protect himself from kids all no more then 16 yrs old, i saw the footage and they were all the same size i was when i was 10, one good smack and they would fall, especially since he is a cop, if he can't protect his own girlfriend from kids how are we supposed to feel safe calling the police against real criminals. A bit of track though.

Old 29-11-2007, 09:15 PM   #85
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Yeah they can't do sh!t!! and if he doesnt want to be bothered with all their crap then just park around the corner!

our school has the same rules, but nobody gives a cr ap to be quite honest! i think your YLC just had something up his ar se!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 29-11-2007, 09:22 PM   #86
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Wow

Tell your mate that Laminge closed this thread as well.
Closed Thread