Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-12-2007, 10:59 PM   #1
mark180227
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Any Fire fighters on here?

hey guys.

ive put in an application to try and get recruited for the MFB. I admire the fireies. They do an amazing job and to be part of the Brigade would be a privildge i reckon.

just wondering if there are any fireies on here that could give me a few hints and tips on the process.

cheers guys

mark180227 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2007, 11:08 PM   #2
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

NSW FPV T club Pressy
FPV GT
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2007, 11:55 PM   #3
nitroman
nitroman

I just got recruited to the NSWFB. I just had my first drill tonight, and I do my induction training in january. They're good people.
GASGAS 400 enduro.
Honda hr192 mower
nitroman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2007, 12:15 AM   #4
no1else
Starter Motor

SA based fire fighter here,,, its a great job for most people but some cant handle the more graphic side of some of the calls... all you have to rember at the recruiting stage is to put your hand up for everything and dont be afraid to ask questions.
no1else is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2007, 07:52 PM   #5
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's been a few threads on firey's with involved members.

Good luck getting in mate, it can be a tough nut to crack!
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2007, 06:00 AM   #6
benoxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I applied once and didnt get in but I was told they look at people to put in an application each year for 2 or 3 yrs to show they are fair dinkum about being a firey. No good for me, I wanted a job that year, not wait for 3 years down the track.
R.I.P. Jarrad 22/05/83 - 08/12/02
benoxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post