Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-12-2007, 08:41 PM   #1
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Default NostalgEA is one very Happy Dad.

Hi all, after a shocking year the tide has turned for me. My oldest boy Jake had his graduation for Primary School on Tuesday night and he recieved a Academic Award. To top this off he is recieving a Scholarship Entry to his Secondary School. This will be awarded tomorrow at a special School Assembly. Me and my Wife have known about this for the last two weeks but my son has no idea. Im taking time off work so i can be there. I am the happiest man in the world at the moment. Sorry to rant and rave but im just over the moon at the moment. Im always proud of my boys but this just makes me proud times 100. Thanks for listening. Cheers, Adam.

Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
Melchior3

Awesome to hear mate, it's a good feeling when your kids make an achievement, glad to hear about it!
Melchior3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2007, 08:49 PM   #3
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchior3
Awesome to hear mate, it's a good feeling when your kids make an achievement, glad to hear about it!
Thanks mate. This feeling is awesome. Im so happy right now.
Old 20-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #4
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Congratulations to your son. My son also received a Scholarship Entry into Secondary College. It was one of my most proudest moments as a Mum. He'll be doing VCAL/VCE next year and has excelled throughout his schooling years in IT. I'm always proud of my kids no matter what though. My daughter was interviewed for a Scholarship last year but didn't pass the interview. Doesn't make me any less proud of her though. To get to the interview stage is quite an achievement.

Krissy
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2007, 09:16 PM   #5
Scott

That's great news (for both of you!), I like to hear stories like this - makes the idea of kids a little less awful to me. Not knocking anyone I'm just not a kids person and can only really relate to older kids and love to see them achieving.

Good on ya young bloke!
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2007, 09:18 PM   #6
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Thats right FRDGAL, im always happy to be the father of three great boys. Its just at times like this as you know, the feeling is ten fold.
Old 20-12-2007, 09:20 PM   #7
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
That's great news (for both of you!), I like to hear stories like this - makes the idea of kids a little less awful to me. Not knocking anyone I'm just not a kids person and can only really relate to older kids and love to see them achieving.

Good on ya young bloke!
Jake says "Thank you".
Old 20-12-2007, 10:35 PM   #8
Jock260
Cast Iron fan

What great taste in names you have, lol. I got an academic award in year 9 and my parents also took time off for the assembly, still one of my favourite memories of highschool so far. Great to hear mate make sure you take some photo's so you can embarris him later.

Jake
Old 20-12-2007, 10:48 PM   #9
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jock260
What great taste in names you have, lol. I got an academic award in year 9 and my parents also took time off for the assembly, still one of my favourite memories of highschool so far. Great to hear mate make sure you take some photo's so you can embarris him later.

Jake
Cheers mate, I will be taking plenty of pics. This is a once in a lifetime event for us, and for my son. Im on cloud nine right now and i cant wait until tomorrow.
Old 20-12-2007, 11:03 PM   #10
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgEA
Thats right FRDGAL, im always happy to be the father of three great boys. Its just at times like this as you know, the feeling is ten fold.
Mate, there's many MANY more of these kinds of moments to come. Enjoy every single second of it. 2 of my kids are teenagers and as much as they've tested my nerves (and boy have they lol) I've never taken a moment for granted, both the good and the bad.

Onya Jake!!! Wish ya all the best in high school :sm_headba
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2007, 11:15 PM   #11
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Thanks Krissy. What you said is so true. Kids can be bad but 1 good moment makes up for 100 bad moments. Im so hanging out for tomorrow's assembly. I will show Jake this thread tomorrow night and he will no doubt personally respond to you. Cheers, Adam.
Old 21-12-2007, 10:25 PM   #12
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Hi all, well things went well with the assembly today. I thought i was gonna be late due to problems with one of the CNC's. But nothing was gonna stop me from being at the presentation. As the title states, i am one very happy Dad right now. Cheers, Adam.
Old 21-12-2007, 10:42 PM   #13
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Hey Nosti! Well done! My son received the same thing on Wednesday night! Congrats to you and your better half! Having kids is great!!! and their names are both Jake too....Well done Ads...Happy for ya mate! :
Old 21-12-2007, 10:52 PM   #14
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Hey Nosti! Well done! My son received the same thing on Wednesday night! Congrats to you and your better half! Having kids is great!!! and their names are both Jake too....Well done Ads...Happy for ya mate! :
Thanks Colleen, it feels like ive struck Black Gold, Texas Tea
Old 21-12-2007, 10:56 PM   #15
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgEA
Thanks Colleen, it feels like ive struck Black Gold, Texas Tea
y'all come back now ya hear!

May Santa smile on ya in bucket loads mate!! Congrats again!
Old 21-12-2007, 10:59 PM   #16
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

We will be back, dont you worry about that !!! Merry Christmas to your clan and all the best for the New Year.