Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-01-2008, 12:26 AM   #1
Sapper
Back to the AU

Default 245/45R18's will fit!!! Well...

...only on the rear.

Picked up 4 near new Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's off Ebay for $800 a while back and got them fitted to the ST late last week. Knowing that they were slightly oversized I was a little bit cautious to see how they went. The good news is that they fit on the rear perfectly fine. The bad news is they won't fit on the front. They just scrub up against the suspension.

The other good news is that this may provide a cheaper option for getting some replacement tyres (from guys with VE's getting rid of the tyres from their 18's). The other good news is that the RE050A's grip like nothing on earth. Absolutely miles ahead of the Dunlop SP3000A's that preceeded them. Earlier tonight I stepped of the clutch at about 4000rpm and there was less than half a turn of wheelspin before they hooked up (I'll admit that I was rolling forward at 0.5km/h at the point of launching).

For those concerned about speedo calibrations, the larger size will read 3-4% lower than your actual speed on the speedo.

Another recommendation goes to Yokohama ADVAN V103's (245/40R18 which are on the front) which seems to be in the same league as the RE050A's.

60ft times to come soon....i hope.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:04 AM   #2
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

Obviously you know this now, but 245/40R18 would be the right tyre for your ST. Not surprised about your grip assessment there, my dad has a VCT XR6 and even on cheap Sava Intensa's the grip is quite good.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:14 AM   #3
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

You'll have issues with 245/40 18's too if your car is lowered. If you don't believe me just ask my front guard, the lip ended up being bent to the outside of the guard. Lucky for me no real damage as it could be bent back to where it was supposed to be.

Note to self, get guard lips rolled soon.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 09:46 AM   #4
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

We can stick on 255's if we want mate.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 08:59 PM   #5
Sapper
Back to the AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
We can stick on 255's if we want mate.
Don't tempt me Stav.....

I've seen 265's on an 8" rim before though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR_Strider_GuY
Obviously you know this now, but 245/40R18 would be the right tyre for your ST.
Guess what I've got on the front..... _2: