Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-01-2008, 12:48 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up American Gangster Movie Review

This movie is awesome !!! Denzel and Russell both put in excellent performances. The movie is two an half hours long. But grips you from the start and the story is true. Yes its violent but it shows what happens in drug trafficking and what people will go to import drugs and corrupt police, to sell drugs. It is as good as previous gangster movies. Great guy flick !!!

Old 11-01-2008, 12:56 AM   #2
mattl
Live Life To Full BOOOST!

Is this out now??!!

Brilliant..I'll be seeing this is the next couple days when my sun burn heals, I've been waiting for this movie to be released here in Aus so patiently! It got awesome reviews in the US, and a few of my mates went and seen it in the US when they were over there and said it was one of the best movies they have ever seen..Can't wait! Your review has got me even more excited..haha
mattl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 01:28 AM   #3
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Released today
Old 11-01-2008, 01:34 AM   #4
XR8 Uterous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

I have had it for about a week now, and have watched in 4 times, love the movie. One of the best in recent times.
XR8 Uterous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #5
ONBA1L

ye ive had the movie aswell.... words cant express how good this movie is but theres just something about it.. i thought it was going to be just like every otha movie but i was proven wrong.
ONBA1L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I found it quite slow and boring.
But then i liked "I am Legend" and most people didn't by the sound.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #7
Bullitt68
The Insider

I enjoyed it....but it's different altogether to most gangster movies. It can be a little slow, but a good flick all the same.
Bullitt68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #8
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Different era but how does it compare to The Godfather and Goodfellas?
I loved all 4 and hopefully this is just as good...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #9
Bullitt68
The Insider

Similair, yet not really the same...worth a look.
Bullitt68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 04:18 PM   #10
bob^
LPS

Do a google search on Frank Lucas(who the movie is based on) too. Theres some interesting write ups about him.
There is one article in particular written about 7 years ago. It outlines most of what happens in the movie, so the movie isn't too far from what really happened.
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post