Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-06-2005, 07:16 AM   #1
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Default Hayman Reese Idea

This may not be the most exciting of posts, but I am quite proud of myself and wanted to share this idea.
The idea came from seeing people with Hayman Reese tow hitches on Subaru's and Mazda's. What it was I kept seeing time was the blank plug that goes inside the tow hitch hole when the tow hitch is removed. The Mazda and Subaru have a "factory part " with thier own decals on them. I have checked with both Ford and Hayman Reese and Ford do not have one as a factory part. Hayman Reese do however sell them with a "Hayman Reese" insignia.
So what I have done is to buy the Hayman reese one for $10.
I have spray painted over the hayman Reese insignia to make it a black finish.
I then went down to super cheap and bought myself a $5.00 pair of "ford" key hole scratch protectors. Cut the Key hole off and that leaves a perfect "Ford" decal for the Tow Hitch Plug.
I must say it looks quite professional. Sorry I don't have pics.
Old 18-06-2005, 08:25 AM   #2
eb six on boost
NO CARBON TAX

hope the pin is lock through it?? might go walkies like unlocked goose necks do.
i noticed them not long ago when i bought a new goose neck for my car.
rip off for a bit of black plastic
Atomic performance engine, powerglide, coan converter, gtx55 turbo, 2000hp plazmaman water to air, 100mm throttle body, twin 50mm gates, side exit exhausts, 18 x 2200cc injectors, ems 8860 and race dash.......
7.83 @ 177 MPH

1100+ rwhp @ 40psi

the first 7 second sohc ! eat it

1993 eb falcon 15.4 @ 90mph (tow car)
eb six on boost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2005, 12:42 PM   #3
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
This may not be the most exciting of posts, but I am quite proud of myself and wanted to share this idea.
The idea came from seeing people with Hayman Reese tow hitches on Subaru's and Mazda's. What it was I kept seeing time was the blank plug that goes inside the tow hitch hole when the tow hitch is removed. The Mazda and Subaru have a "factory part " with thier own decals on them. I have checked with both Ford and Hayman Reese and Ford do not have one as a factory part. Hayman Reese do however sell them with a "Hayman Reese" insignia.
So what I have done is to buy the Hayman reese one for $10.
I have spray painted over the hayman Reese insignia to make it a black finish.
I then went down to super cheap and bought myself a $5.00 pair of "ford" key hole scratch protectors. Cut the Key hole off and that leaves a perfect "Ford" decal for the Tow Hitch Plug.
I must say it looks quite professional. Sorry I don't have pics.

Yep great idea but someone else has been working on it too I saw these on an ebay site not long ago try this link
http://stores.ebay.com.au/WANDER-IN_...dZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm
Old 18-06-2005, 02:34 PM   #4
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats wicked, I've got the hayman reese towbar with the big ******** in the back end of the car. A very good idea!
Old 19-06-2005, 02:46 PM   #5
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

The rear lower skirt on my pursuit comes off with just the twist of 2 clips, I just had a Hayman reese heavy duty towbar fitted (2300 kg) fitted to totally sit behind the skirt. To use the bar I have to take the skirt off and slide the hitch in, when not using the bar, skit goes back on and no sign of the towbar at all

ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2005, 05:10 PM   #6
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

They're very common in the US, some even light up.

http://www.etrailer.com/y-211.aspx

OR

http://www.autoaccessory4u.com/folimelohipl.html

OR

http://www.logoproducts4less.com/ford-hitch-covers.html

Last edited by Raptor; 19-06-2005 at 05:16 PM.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post