Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Xr6T centre muffler removal - too loud?

Thinking of losing the centre muffler on the new fg xr6t ute (mid august del)?
I live in a vally (acres) and don't want to wake the neighbours up at 5:30am driving up my driveway.
Listened to the utube vids but can't tell if too loud (note is good though).

Is it worth putting a hotdog in there as a compromise?

Saw somewhere that the utes don't sound as good as sedans with centre removed - I wouldn't think this is the case but if anyone knows different, i would appreciate the advise

Old 10-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #2
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

my ba with no centre muffler is pretty loud when it is cold. it has a nice sharp note when warmed up, but is pretty drony and loud when stone cold. in a valley they'll definatly be able to hear you coming!!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had mine cut out of my BA and it was the loudest thing I have ever owned. My car was used to tow a boat and spent some time with its bum in salt water, so the rear muffler was shot. As long as the rest of your exhaust is in good nick (which it will be being brand new) then you should be fine.

If worried then put a hot dog in it. At the end of the day there is not too much to be gained from this mod though....
Old 10-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #4
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Try asking in the XR6t section.

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11217698
Closed Thread