Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 07-07-2005, 06:44 PM   #1
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Bought new Focus today!

We finally bought mums car today!

Silver Focus Hatchback (new model) with Smoothpack in Auto!

She was very happy with the one we test drove (standard CL).... and it was pretty good value... Pricewise it wasnt what you would say cheap but due to dealers only getting a small amount of stock there really wasnt that much room to bargain...

Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2005, 06:51 PM   #2
ProjectXR

congratz on the buy!

hope you enjoy it......
ProjectXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2005, 06:55 PM   #3
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Post some pics. Really keen to have a look. Your mum would be the first on the block to own a new focus. Congrats on the purchase
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2005, 07:00 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yeh we wont pick it up till next week as it has to be transfered from another dealer... there like NO stock around yet and wont be for a while so im told.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:01 PM   #5
Mick K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Yeh we wont pick it up till next week as it has to be transfered from another dealer... there like NO stock around yet and wont be for a while so im told.
Cool - did you / she get any discount at all or even mats, flaps and a full tank of gas? Anything?

MK
Mick K. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2005, 08:04 PM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bout $1,700 discount....

Took a bit of work on my part and a few kms lol
Old 07-07-2005, 08:32 PM   #7
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Fantastic Shockwave, I'm so proud to see so many forums members buying the new Focus!!!!! I can confirm stock is in very very tight supply, they've almost sold all their supply before it has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Mum!!
Old 07-07-2005, 08:51 PM   #8
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh the dealer i bought through has sold all except for 1 Manual.. But that includes 2 demos out of 10...

So basically in one day they have sold 9 cars, and most of them weren't pre ordered so the new Focus is going to be popular I think. Lets just hope they can secure the Pure Silver in the morning. The Zetec they got was delivered today.. someone would be a happy camper - one of the first ones on the road. :eclipsee_
Old 08-07-2005, 01:52 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well we had to change ours to a Black Sedan with the Zetec rims and no smooth pack... Unfortunately it wont come till the 19th of this month and thats the only car we could get that was still available...
Old 08-07-2005, 02:03 PM   #10
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Well done, sounds awesome!

Photos and thoughts on the road would be awesome when possible!

:monkes:

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 02:07 PM   #11
whippet_zetec
Supes

ah man all this talk on the new Focus makes me want ot rush out and grab one for myself.....

ona serious note, I hop the new focus gives you many happy hours of driving pleasure and it all lives up to the hype...
Old 08-07-2005, 02:11 PM   #12
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes well the car is locked in for arrival on the 19th but the dealer isnt promising anything. Im still talking to Ford about the Price of the alloys as the website says $1000 for 17" alloy wheel with 205/50 R 17 W low profile tyres (5 spokes) and the dealer reckons thats plus tyres... I am a little confused at the moment as Fords advertising is a little missleading and the dealer doesnt know if they can get a price on the tyres included...

I didn't get to drive the car but mum reckons the hatch she drove yesturday was much much better then her previous SP20...
Old 08-07-2005, 02:33 PM   #13
losfp

Gee, these things ARE hard to come by.

Maybe I should just hibernate for a few weeks until the initial demand dies down a little.... The wait is going to kill me. Shockwave, did you have to renegotiate the price, or did it just carry over?
losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 03:01 PM   #14
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You will be waiting until late 05 unless you put pen to paper and come to an agreement with your dealership on a vehicle soon, as dealers have customers who have seen the vehicle but will be waiting months to actually get what they want in the particular colour they want...

I have been to two dealerships in the last day and both of them were talking the start of next month before they could commit a car to me.. I am just lucky the guy I bought through is extremely helpful when getting me what I want asap... The other dealer were talking early August in a colour which didn't really suit us.

Sadly this makes it hard for anyone wanting to buy a new Focus as you have to be sure about what you want before a dealer will start talking, they really need to know what colour and spec you are after so they can secure a vehicle either from their allocation or from another dealers depending on whether the other dealer wants to hand it over.

As for price it was same as quoted except minus the smooth pack and plus the 17s which we still havent got a price on yet....
Old 08-07-2005, 07:07 PM   #15
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Im still talking to Ford about the Price of the alloys as the website says $1000 for 17" alloy wheel with 205/50 R 17 W low profile tyres (5 spokes) and the dealer reckons thats plus tyres
I think the way it works is that if you order the car to be built with those wheels it's $1k inc. tyres, but if you add them on once the car is built (i.e. if its dealer stock they order in from somewhere else), thats when it costs extra.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:30 PM   #16
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Hopefully it will be as strong a seller as is being indicated at the moment. Certainly a bit of interest being drummed up.

Congrats on the purchase...can't wait to see the pics.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 10:33 PM   #17
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
I think the way it works is that if you order the car to be built with those wheels it's $1k inc. tyres, but if you add them on once the car is built (i.e. if its dealer stock they order in from somewhere else), thats when it costs extra.
No cant get them fitted from factory...

Its a dealer fitted option for $1,000!

Also interesting to note that Ford have removed them from the website, wheres that leave me.. :

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 08-07-2005 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:15 PM   #18
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats very interesting.. they removed it from the site. Maybe you could get a decent set of aftermarket 18's
Although ride might be a touch harsh...
Particularly for your mum!
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post