Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-08-2008, 06:53 AM   #1
Biggs
Starter Motor

Default Bi-Xenon Headlights for Focus Mk2

1) Will this be a direct "plug-and-play" onto the stock harness of the Mk2 Focus (particulary the TDCi)?

Since it's bi-xenon, it has a solenoid that controls the up and down retraction of a "shield" housed in the projector. If you turn on the high beam, the shield will retract to allow a farther throw of the xenon beam. In low beam operation, the shield stays down to limit the throw of the xenon beam.

2) If you turn on the xenon high beam, should the halogen high beam also light up?

2a) Do you need to splice the stock harness to tap the solenoid's wiring to the halogen high beam wiring?

3) Will the "guide-me-home-lights" feature still work using the bi-xenon headlights? I.e. The xenon low beam would turn on for 30 seconds then automatically shut off.

Ford OEM Bi-Xenon Headlights

Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
Lanyi

Is this set up by any chance illegal in Aus? I have seen a cool kid in a Supra with headlights that are ridiculously bright, and I really have doubts about them. Then again, I might be thinking of a Philips (or similar) HID kit...

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong; e-p headlights requires the wires to be soldered.
Lanyi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post