Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-11-2008, 08:49 PM   #31
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

Stav, you did an amazing thing, but with out taking away what you did you should have stayed as the police will need to speak to you as a prime witness, and the family may need your witness for insurance purposes. May be you should give the cops a ring and let them know who you are.

Also I think you should ring and give them your details as what you did should be publicly acknowledged and be put forward for a bravery award. Not only does this reward you but it encourages others to behave similarly without concern for their own safety.
Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #32
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark^^
Stav, you did an amazing thing, but with out taking away what you did you should have stayed as the police will need to speak to you as a prime witness, and the family may need your witness for insurance purposes. May be you should give the cops a ring and let them know who you are.

Also I think you should ring and give them your details as what you did should be publicly acknowledged and be put forward for a bravery award. Not only does this reward you but it encourages others to behave similarly without concern for their own safety.
I left my business card with the son of the injured woman.They have my details if they want me mate.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #33
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

I dont want acknowledgment..I did what I did because I had to..I just wanted to share my story with you guys as a testament to what happened

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 17-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #34
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
Thanks Falcman...btw I came to visit 2 weeks ago but your car wasnt there...:(
The Futura wasn't there, but I was. I've got it back now, you're welcome to come by anytime you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
I dont want acknowledgment..I did what I did because I had to..I just wanted to share my story with you guys as a testament to what happened
Stav, you've done two goods. Firstly, you helped the family out.
And secondly, you're sharing a good story with us and I believe this goes along way to encouraging the rest of us to do good. It reminded us what human beings are really about, and that we are great when we do good. It makes us know that this goodness is more valuable than all the wealth this world can give us.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2008, 11:00 PM   #35
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done Stav, I hope she never forgets the bloke that comforted her in this unfortunate incident.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2008, 02:07 AM   #36
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stav you now remind me of Bruce Willis in Unbreakable . Truly a heroic act, saving someone (or more than one in your case) must make you realise there is much purpose in your life and a lot worth living for.

My dad had actually done something similar last year; very early one morning he was doing the usual 4 hour drive to work and noticed at one of the bridges he crosses that there was a smashed barrier and smoke coming from down below. He pulled over and found a truck down at the bottom. He pulled the driver (unconscious) from the wreckage and once he brought him to the top of the bridge the whole truck erupted in flames.

As much as people can sink to terrible lows it's stories like these that give you a lot of faith in people and that we can sometimes rise to almost superhuman levels in dangerous situations.
Old 18-11-2008, 08:50 AM   #37
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
Stav you now remind me of Bruce Willis in Unbreakable . Truly a heroic act, saving someone (or more than one in your case) must make you realise there is much purpose in your life and a lot worth living for.

My dad had actually done something similar last year; very early one morning he was doing the usual 4 hour drive to work and noticed at one of the bridges he crosses that there was a smashed barrier and smoke coming from down below. He pulled over and found a truck down at the bottom. He pulled the driver (unconscious) from the wreckage and once he brought him to the top of the bridge the whole truck erupted in flames.

As much as people can sink to terrible lows it's stories like these that give you a lot of faith in people and that we can sometimes rise to almost superhuman levels in dangerous situations.
Your old man is an alright bloke mate.
I live every day with a smile and every day like I have got nothing to lose..because we all have to go sometime so be the best you can as you owe it to yourself.

Old 18-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #38
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stav you are the man! We need more people like you in this world, seriously, well freakin done, you my friend have my full respect.
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #39
Stav
Smile

Thanks again guys..Grechie your a legend mate..thanks

Old 19-11-2008, 05:25 PM   #40
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Stav,

Don't know you personally Stav, but now I know of your exploits! You did the right thing because it seems that's the sort of man you are.

It was an inspirational post and lightened the mood a bit amidst some of the tragic happenings of the past week.

Good on you, and keep up the good work!

Jim
GTP534 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2008, 06:25 PM   #41
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
The time taken between the accident and the moment Stav pulled over to help, was 0.000s.
Haha yep and the it took him 14.2 seconds for him to get to the drivers door after noticing the accident.
This is a forum mate you could have made it more exaggerated, like, just as you pulled the woman to safety the car exploded.
Where abouts on Henry lawson dr was it anyway?
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2008, 08:02 PM   #42
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
Haha yep and the it took him 14.2 seconds for him to get to the drivers door after noticing the accident.
This is a forum mate you could have made it more exaggerated, like, just as you pulled the woman to safety the car exploded.
Where abouts on Henry lawson dr was it anyway?
Trust me I was quicker than the car

Old 02-12-2008, 04:54 PM   #43
Stav
Smile

Guess what happened today!! Being a few weeks on I got a phone call today..from a lady relative of the injured woman I pulled from the car. They rang to thank me for what I had done. I didnt get to speak to the injured woman as she was still recovering from chest injury..but it felt great that they rang and the younger son told them the full story..

Now that call made my day Its just so great they did that

Old 03-12-2008, 10:37 AM   #44
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Stav, you are Chuck Norris's hero.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #45
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow i didnt see this, good work stav - im sure you're going to get good karma for years to come for this
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2008, 12:35 PM   #46
AusM
AusMotorsport

Nice work Stav!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
bit like PAY IT FORWARD!! there's no real reason why that concept couldn't take off.
Something I've never understood either - how much better would this place be if everyone did it?

Last Friday I stopped behind a smoking car, pulled out my fire extinguisher and offered help. It turned out to be locked-on brakes, without flame, but the driver had no idea what it was and was especially thankful for me stopping – more so because a few hundred cars had passed before I stopped...

I stopped at another accident years ago and helped an (uninjured) driver secure his vehicle and get to the hospital where his wife was about to go in for major surgery. Later they were both so grateful that they felt they had to compensate me – I refused and just told them to do the same for someone else one day... By now I'm sure they have!
AusM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2008, 01:00 PM   #47
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive always hated the thought of coming across a crash and finding people still in it. Last year coming home from a funeral in Wilcannia, found an EB on its roof after rolling through some trees. It was fresh but luckily there was no one in it, just photo's and blankets etc, what made me sick was someone had already come by and taken the wheels from it. While checking the wreck we had a car full of young people pull up to make sure everything was alright.
Its a great thing you've done stav, you should feel proud of yourself.
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2008, 04:48 PM   #48
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFdesign
Nice work Stav!

Something I've never understood either - how much better would this place be if everyone did it?

Last Friday I stopped behind a smoking car, pulled out my fire extinguisher and offered help. It turned out to be locked-on brakes, without flame, but the driver had no idea what it was and was especially thankful for me stopping – more so because a few hundred cars had passed before I stopped...

I stopped at another accident years ago and helped an (uninjured) driver secure his vehicle and get to the hospital where his wife was about to go in for major surgery. Later they were both so grateful that they felt they had to compensate me – I refused and just told them to do the same for someone else one day... By now I'm sure they have!
I think the compensation is that in your mind and soul you know that you did the right thing. Your a champ mate.

Old 19-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #49
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good on ya Stav it's people like you that make the world a better place.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2008, 09:45 PM   #50
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

BTW if you help.. Even give CPR etc and if you did break bones trying to save someone..
You CANNOT be charged with assalt etc.. The law changed a few years ago..
Don't hold back !! Check safety first though!!
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post