Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 01:47 AM   #31
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta8u
in sydney i got pulled over by a while EL Falcon, rust bucket with red p plates. rang the cop shop before i showed them any id because i couldnt beleive it and yes they validated it.
How long ago was this, I wouldn't of thought they would use anything that old, but I've been wrong before... Once
Old 03-01-2009, 01:58 AM   #32
homegrown
hotshot

The cops are the biggest hoons out there right behind taxi drivers. I wonder how many times a cop has pulled someone over to find out they're a cop and let them go. The way they drive on the job gives them bad habits for when they're not working. How can a cop get away with putting a P plate up anyway. change the rules when it suits.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:08 AM   #33
chipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown
The cops are the biggest hoons out there right behind taxi drivers. I wonder how many times a cop has pulled someone over to find out they're a cop and let them go. The way they drive on the job gives them bad habits for when they're not working. How can a cop get away with putting a P plate up anyway. change the rules when it suits.
I would have to look up the exact details again, but (in VIC at least) they actually have a law that allows them to do that. For example, years ago when cops had to break the road rules such as speeding for a pursuit they needed to have both sirens and lights going. A law was changed/introduced which allows them to bypass that (and other things) when they deem it necessary.

Utter crap in my opinion (and dangerous at times), but I doubt it will be changed.
Vixen BF Mk II F6 with ZF- #216
Stock PB on street tyres - 13.11 @ 107.3 MPH
SY TTG

....Grant me the serenity to accept the fact that I can't pass them all, the courage to pass most,
....and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those who refuse to get the hell out of my way!!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:38 AM   #34
Ricks_Xr6t
Banned

Come on guys a confiscated car is a confiscated car,the cops have no legal right at all to drive a vehicle thats been impounded,and i very much doubt that any state police commisioner would allow it
Old 03-01-2009, 02:40 AM   #35
S_M_I_D_D_Y

Have seen all these things around Newcastle before. once was overtaken by a white ba xt black windows red p plate. thought it looked a little sus next thing its pulling over the ute in front. also seen a black Holden ute with red n blue lights chasing someone down hunter st and have heard of a silver xr8 ute. and they also used to get about the hoon scene in a turbo supra silver with pink rear window sticker
Old 03-01-2009, 03:13 AM   #36
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

If you follow road laws, why does this even matter ?

Last edited by Nostalgia; 03-01-2009 at 03:20 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:04 AM   #37
prydey
Rob

police cars, regardless of what they are, need to be legal. any modifications done would be very minor otherwise the media would have a field day.

fitting aftermarket forced induction is about as believable speed camera's saving lives. the fact that people actually believe these sort of things makes it even more amusing.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:42 AM   #38
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob 351
Maybe The General Puplic Should Be Confiscating The Cop Hoon Cars As Well Becauese In My Eyes It's Entrapment Coexing People Into Doing Something Illegal And Then Catching Thm After The Fact I Would Think It To Be Illegal To Do This
when you you people learn that we live in Australia!!!!! entrapment laws are an american thing but I guessou have all been educated by american cop shows like good little zombies. "entrapment" is not illegal here

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 03-01-2009, 04:51 AM   #39
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The cops are the biggest hoons out there right behind taxi drivers.
as a cab diver I find your comments highly offensive how would you feel if i said all people from Burton Adelaide are F wits? ( with comments like that maybe you all are)there may be some bad ones out there but no more than other drivers . I drive 1500 to 2000 Ks a week and have never so much a dented a cab so if you have nothing inteligent to add say nothing , to quote abraham lincoln " it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 03-01-2009, 07:18 AM   #40
axeray

Quote:
Most jobs have perks and it looks as though this is one of theirs.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #41
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob 351
Maybe The General Puplic Should Be Confiscating The Cop Hoon Cars As Well Becauese In My Eyes It's Entrapment Coexing People Into Doing Something Illegal And Then Catching Thm After The Fact I Would Think It To Be Illegal To Do This
This isn't America... (and no need to capitalise every word)
Old 03-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #42
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Damn we have some stupid users who come out of the woodwork with these threads

Love this!
Closed Thread