Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-01-2009, 12:12 PM   #31
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin
But we digress from topic. Basically my inference to an unfinished car in primer is that in this day and age, owning a really nice car which you drive regularly and leave unattended for any period of time is a gamble. Some scumbag with no intelligence or a gripe against the world will at some stage vandalise it. With my Javelins I'm prepared for the worse and hope for the best!
A friend was in a similar boat with his 3.8 E-type Jag.

It has just come back from a bare metal respray at the panel beaters and looked a million dollars. He’d parked it in a public car park for 5 minutes and when he was coming back to the right hand side of the car he saw a guy hovering around the left hand side of it. The guy sees my friend coming, says “nice car, mate” and wanders off. When my mate gets back to work he parks and walks around the left hand side to see that the new paint has been keyed back to bare metal. And he strongly suspects that the “nice car, mate” guy did it.

I’ll stop and gawk at really nice cars in car parks, etc but no way known would I damage one. If the owner is there I'll try to chat with them, just so they know that I'm a true enthusiast (puts their mind at ease).

OzJAv – I’ve always thought that flat black looks good on a car, even before the movie “Deathproof”. It must get hot in summer (coming from an owner of 2 black cars). Your one is almost camouflaged from vandals.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #32
barthez

well last night my car was broken into.........glove box emptied all through the car..................they ended up taking about 2 bux in small change and stole my work shoes???? idiots
barthez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #33
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsy351
Your not in QLD are you?
I know a lowlife who got his baby's sh*tty nappy and wiped it all over a car once cause they parked in a spot that he wanted.
He thought it was funny,.... I think hes an absolute waste of oxygen .
thanks for the condolences no I am not in Queensland I am in Victoria, and people who do this are truly aholes what that does to your paintwork is non repairable you can't cut the discoloration out and if you try you wind up cutting off all the paint and having to respray the area. Some truly horrible stories are emerging here, I really think some people need a hobby of their own so they leave ours alone. Also repairing panel/paint damage can be quite costly in terms of both time and dollars. If any of you car vandals read this the result of even a keying can cost upwards of $500 to repair easily, don't be aholes go out and get a nice car of your own.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 03:07 PM   #34
strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
thanks for the condolences no I am not in Queensland I am in Victoria, and people who do this are truly aholes what that does to your paintwork is non repairable you can't cut the discoloration out and if you try you wind up cutting off all the paint and having to respray the area. Some truly horrible stories are emerging here, I really think some people need a hobby of their own so they leave ours alone. Also repairing panel/paint damage can be quite costly in terms of both time and dollars. If any of you car vandals read this the result of even a keying can cost upwards of $500 to repair easily, don't be aholes go out and get a nice car of your own.
You said that in a nutshell mrbaxr6t.
strike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #35
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Our garage door at home has a busted bearing in the motor, so it's stuck closed at the moment, and I refused to take my car home from work last night if it was going to sit out on the street.
So I put it in our shed at the bus depot and then we locked the gates as well.
I hate leaving it unattended anywhere where I'm not able to keep an eye on it. It cost me a lot of money, and I'm quite emotionally attached to it.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #36
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

shopping centres spawn vandals!! If anyone here lives in Adelaide, you'd know Westfield Marion. On thursdays, they open 3 clubs and pubs up very late. When the revellers have to leave car owners shouldn't have a car there! These people do anything just as a joke. I was leaving one night at around twelve and suddenly heard/ felt a bump on my boot. Drunken kid runs by "nice car *t!" gassed after him, but in a shopping mall on foot you escape easier. Keep away from shopping centres at all costs catch a bus instead....
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #37
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xls3v
i heard one guy caught some guys stealing his mags of his car, by chance he had large metal object in hand... lets say the guys went to hospital and car owner jail.... i feel for him
human rights have precendence over property rights. you can't crack someone's head open because they touched something material of yours. it sux, and that's why the low lifes think they can get away with anything, and it seems like they do most of the time, but that's the way things are.
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 12:28 AM   #38
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
don't be aholes go out and get a nice car of your own.
Problem is the idiots don't want to get a job to start with half the time which means they'll never have anything half as nice as what most of the people on this forum have.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #39
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This guy (definately not me, your Honour) once caught someone, egging his house.

I can't say too much because it involved a broom to the shins and torso (the only thing lying around) and my garden hose (mainly torso). Broke the broom handle. Garden hose leaves big welts on a persons' back.

They'd been egging a few houses (including mine) every night for close to a week. He waitied in the back yard (lights off) and drank a few beers when He heard some giggling and and an egg hit the house. No-one saw mhim slip up the side of the house with the broom....

HE got in a lot more trouble than they did. No hits to face or groin, no broken bones, but quite a few bruises and whelts.

Note: in a court of law, brooms and hoses are considered weapons.

That's why I try not to get too upset anymore.
ehast13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #40
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehast13
This guy (definately not me, your Honour) once caught someone, egging his house.

I can't say too much because it involved a broom to the shins and torso (the only thing lying around) and my garden hose (mainly torso). Broke the broom handle. Garden hose leaves big welts on a persons' back.

They'd been egging a few houses (including mine) every night for close to a week. He waitied in the back yard (lights off) and drank a few beers when He heard some giggling and and an egg hit the house. No-one saw mhim slip up the side of the house with the broom....

HE got in a lot more trouble than they did. No hits to face or groin, no broken bones, but quite a few bruises and whelts.

Note: in a court of law, brooms and hoses are considered weapons.

That's why I try not to get too upset anymore.
Did you get charged with assault and battery? Funny, you go do something bad, get your *** kicked and walk away scot free from court with the other guy in deep crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 11:29 AM   #41
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, couple of court appearances. Had to appeal coz they recorded a conviction and I would lose my job. Appealed: No conviction recorded.

The judge accepted that if I had wanted to do real damage to them, I could have.

There were two of them (19 and 20yo) and the first one got hit accross the the shins with the broom handle as he came down my front steps (peed on my doormat), the second one came to help but stopped about 2 metres away becasue I was still weilding what was left of the broom handle.

I took a step towards him and he threw an egg at me. When he turned to run away he slipped over on the freshly watered grass (sprinkler still on). I ripped the sprinkler off the hose and smacked him a few times in the middle of the back.

They both took off. About three hours later I got a visit.

A mention
an adjournment
First hearing
second hearing (appeal).
$2000 in damages plus court costs plus time off work plus legal advice plus stress

It wasn't worth it. I should have just hosed off the house the next morning and gave a description of the blokes to the police (again!).

The police were really nice, about it. They had to follow it up becasue a complaint was made.

Nowadays, I try to remain calm.

(still, the look on the first guy's face as the broom handle broke accross his shins - priceless)

Last edited by ehast13; 09-01-2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: error
ehast13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #42
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehast13
Yeah, couple of court appearances. Had to appeal coz they recorded a conviction and I would lose my job. Appealed: No conviction recorded.

The judge accepted that if I had wanted to do real damage to them, I could have.

There were two of them (19 and 20yo) and the first one got hit accross the the shins with the broom handle as he came down my front steps (peed on my doormat), the second one came to help but stopped about 2 metres away becasue I was still weilding what was left of the broom handle.

I took a step towards him and he threw an egg at me. When he turned to run away he slipped over on the freshly watered grass (sprinkler still on). I ripped the sprinkler off the hose and smacked him a few times in the middle of the back.

They both took off. About three hours later I got a visit.

A mention
an adjournment
First hearing
second hearing (appeal).
$2000 in damages plus court costs plus time off work plus legal advice plus stress

It wasn't worth it. I should have just hosed off the house the next morning and gave a description of the blokes to the police (again!).

The police were really nice, about it. They had to follow it up becasue a complaint was made.

Nowadays, I try to remain calm.

(still, the look on the first guy's face as the broom handle broke accross his shins - priceless)
That really dose suck and their not really kids at that age. Mate next time put them in body bags then they can't run home and tell. I wonder what would have happened if they got the better of you. :
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #43
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

What gets me in these cases.. If your a biggish guy they take it as your big enough to take it!! Yet drunken whimps get away with this behavour in court...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #44
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Angry

I'll tell you a good one of when I had a classic jag - at a macca's carpark one night ad the commo-wa**ers were out in force anyways sensed the trouble so we drove away. Got stuck t the intersection (red light) guy came running over and punched my driver and rear window out and partners at the time front and rear window whilst e were in it.

Anyways rang the cops and they came pointed him out (he was ONLY one in certain clothes so easy) cops took him back to station and charged him. Went to court he got a medial certificate to say he had a broken hand and couldn't do it. Well of course he had a broken hand etc he'd just punched 4 car windows and alas he was let off............

My windows for glass alone over $200 and partners plus fitting and obviously the shock and all the lawyers said was "tough luck hey" : :
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 11:46 PM   #45
dogfish

Default A MAte OF Mine In Darwin

Its not car related but my boss who I did my Apprenticeship under in Darwin was a mean Bugger if you crossed him but a fair and genuine bloke.
Anyway when he was younger he and a few mates were flatting together and they came home after a night on the brews and found this dude in their flat pinching stuff.
So they proceeded to beat the Sh@t out of him and My mate Got the dudes arm after they punched him unconscious and lent it between the coffee table and the floor and broke both the bones in his fore arm and set him up again and snapped the upper bone in the same arm (humerus) by stomping on it both times then they bundled him up and chucked him out in Town.
So this guy after some time in hospital I imagine reports them and tries to take em to court and press charges and all that so he admits to doing break ins in that block of flats as my mates wasn't the first that night.
And as the lads had never reported the break in and they had just bundled him up and dumped him the idiot got prison time for all the other offences and my mate just denied there ever being a break in and got away with it.
Now that's sweet revenge.
dogfish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #46
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Box
I'll tell you a good one of when I had a classic jag - at a macca's carpark one night ad the commo-wa**ers were out in force anyways sensed the trouble so we drove away. Got stuck t the intersection (red light) guy came running over and punched my driver and rear window out and partners at the time front and rear window whilst e were in it.

Anyways rang the cops and they came pointed him out (he was ONLY one in certain clothes so easy) cops took him back to station and charged him. Went to court he got a medical certificate to say he had a broken hand and couldn't do it. Well of course he had a broken hand etc he'd just punched 4 car windows and alas he was let off............

My windows for glass alone over $200 and partners plus fitting and obviously the shock and all the lawyers said was "tough luck hey" : :
So you have the suspect at the scene, with a broken hand because he punched out the windows and 2 witnesses and they couldn't convict? Send the prosecuting lawyer back to law school! The judge too while they are at it!
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2009, 03:38 PM   #47
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a few nice cars and am getting into exotics lately. I was always paranoid about them getting keyed or damaged by some jealous lowlife. Then my old man said one day, "that's why you have insurance". I'm still cautious but actually drive to the shop now instead of walk.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #48
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
So you have the suspect at the scene, with a broken hand because he punched out the windows and 2 witnesses and they couldn't convict? Send the prosecuting lawyer back to law school! The judge too while they are at it!
Tell me about it you don't think we were ropable I nearly felt like breaking my own hand on that Judge and Lawyer then going oh I couldn't have done it I got a broken hand :
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post