Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #31
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie200
Hi all,

My brother recently purchased a ba mk11 typhoon in Sydney and when we were looking through the log books we saw that the first owner was Ford at Cambellfield.

My question is who at Ford would own this type of car and what could it have been used for?

Cheers,
Charlie.
Either a marketing car OR a VP / Plant manager's assigned vehicle.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2009, 04:15 AM   #32
BFZ Wagon
Formerly All Wheel Drive

My AUII has a Ford dealership as the first owner in the books. Apparently it was the service manager's car.

My Dad's 2004 Mitsubishi AWD VR-X was the same. It had Mitsubishi Motors as the first owner in the books. (car was bought in SA) The dealership had it for 2 years before my Dad bought it from them in 06. Long time to have a demo/company car.
Old 27-01-2009, 08:15 AM   #33
steweyau

At various times Ford (and Holden, as well as other manufacturers) will register a heap of cars and then sell them. This gets their new car registrations statistics up.

cheers
Stewey
steweyau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #34
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

and where might you have procured this reliable, factual information from, steweyau?
Old 27-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #35
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

Both my 2 recent Fords are Ford Australia owned cars. My Xr6 was from a process engineering in Geelong and my current car was from Core Engineering in Broadmeadow.
Old 27-01-2009, 02:28 PM   #36
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by steweyau
At various times Ford (and Holden, as well as other manufacturers) will register a heap of cars and then sell them. This gets their new car registrations statistics up.

cheers
Stewey
Rubbish !!
Old 27-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #37
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
Rubbish !!
^^^^ No it happens I've seen it 1st hand (Not at Ford but 2 other maunufacturers) but it the numbers involved are low and it's only bringing forward work so it shows up the next month.
Old 27-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #38
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by myts
^^^^ No it happens I've seen it 1st hand (Not at Ford but 2 other maunufacturers) but it the numbers involved are low and it's only bringing forward work so it shows up the next month.
A few Demo's that are used by Dealers. NOT Ford Motor Company Cars.

They ARE NOT owned by Ford !!
Old 27-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #39
LTDterri
SY TS Territory

I have a good friend at the Ford factory who has just received his first company car, once you get to a certain grading you can get a car, he has been a supervisor for a while but only got to this particular grading last year, he pays $80 per week ( petrol is extra ) and has a G6E, these cars are changed over quite quickly every 8 months from memory of what he was telling me. Now he can option the car up but every option adds to his weekly cost, he then has the option of buying it at the end of the 8 months, or other employees can buy it.
A demo is registered to the particular dealer, this I know as my Territory is an ex Demo and it has the Stealers details as the first owner
LTDterri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #40
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDterri
I have a good friend at the Ford factory who has just received his first company car, once you get to a certain grading you can get a car, he has been a supervisor for a while but only got to this particular grading last year, he pays $80 per week ( petrol is extra ) and has a G6E, these cars are changed over quite quickly every 8 months from memory of what he was telling me. Now he can option the car up but every option adds to his weekly cost, he then has the option of buying it at the end of the 8 months, or other employees can buy it.
A demo is registered to the particular dealer, this I know as my Territory is an ex Demo and it has the Stealers details as the first owner
Yes this is true. I remember driving one of the guys black XR8's. It was manual and that car was a fantastic ride. No drive line slap or anything (apparently his wife drives it all the time). But then I drove one of the Area managers XR8's and this thing was thrashed from day one (he calmed down and had a fuel usage of 24L/100) and it slapped all over the place.
Old 27-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #41
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Yes this is true. I remember driving one of the guys black XR8's. It was manual and that car was a fantastic ride. No drive line slap or anything (apparently his wife drives it all the time). But then I drove one of the Area managers XR8's and this thing was thrashed from day one (he calmed down and had a fuel usage of 24L/100) and it slapped all over the place.
You drove a supervisor's car????????? You must have been one of his (or her!!!) favourites............haha
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #42
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
You drove a supervisor's car????????? You must have been one of his (or her!!!) favourites............haha

lol, nah the guys there are pretty good. I also had 'work stuff' to do that involved using the cars. I know that some of em even let some of the line workers drive their cars.

Mind you it was interesting seeing the look on mums face when I picked her up in an XR8 from hospital after she had surgery.
Old 27-01-2009, 10:21 PM   #43
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A girl in stamping from the offices used to use the plant managers car to run around in, this included a F6X, Typhoon and a GT-P!!!!!!!! Not too sure what he drives at the moment but that girl took a package anyway. I am secretly hoping her job is offered out to production again.........
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #44
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
My dad bought home one of the long term evaluation FEU BA XR8 utes, it had done 50,000 of the hardest kms you could possibly imagine and it was absolutely stuffed. The auto was rough as guts and the diff was the clunkiest and noisey piece of scrap metal you could imagine. Of course my brother and I soon inflicted some more pain on it.

Everyone who took it home had thrashed the living beejeezus out of it.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2009, 08:04 PM   #45
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
My dad bought home one of the long term evaluation FEU BA XR8 utes, it had done 50,000 of the hardest kms you could possibly imagine and it was absolutely stuffed. The auto was rough as guts and the diff was the clunkiest and noisey piece of scrap metal you could imagine. Of course my brother and I soon inflicted some more pain on it.

Everyone who took it home had thrashed the living beejeezus out of it.

well they wanted it evaluated. But these cars were put through its paces. I took a Fairlane through the great ocean road one weekend. It was actually really good round the bends, I found out after that the ESP in it didn't work all the time.