Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 24-02-2006, 07:35 PM   #91
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Clearly we have oxygen thieves in this world.

I could try and have a battle of wits in this debate,
but clearly I'd be fighting unarmed men.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 24-02-2006, 07:52 PM   #92
jcxr
Tribal Elder

yella ute, you shouda just taken the old blokes walking frame out for a drive one nigt and trashed the side of the suckers cars.
Old 24-02-2006, 07:53 PM   #93
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd

Mate, they would also be naked...
Old 24-02-2006, 08:04 PM   #94
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

hey old people are good for something, keeping old falcons in good nic!
Old 24-02-2006, 09:45 PM   #95
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtopxp
Mate, they would also be naked...
Ah yes but maybe THEY might be witty, educated and well dressed enough to recognise a parody of a famous Monty Python sketch from the 1960s....
Old 25-02-2006, 02:02 AM   #96
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai
Note the witty quip and smilie at the end of what I said. That means that it was only said for the irony (given the current line of conversation) and the sake of saying it.
I was being tongue-in-cheek too. That's why I called you sonny, sonny!

This thread has been good; it's solved quite a few inter-generational relationship problems but it hasn't solved:

- what to do about the people who park their trolley just in front of where you're looking on the shelves
- how to race someone to the end of the queue while remaining cool and polite about it
- how to stop your child calling you daddy and pretending you don't know them when they've just rammed the trolley into the back of somebody's ankles
- how to deal with someone you beat to a parking spot but they get road rage about it
- whether its possible to age from an angry young man to a stupid old fart while waiting in a Coles checkout queue
- whether you should ask the checkout chick who put the 3 litre milk on top of the bread out for a date
- how many items you can carry out of an Aldi store on your person when you don't have the dollar for the trolley and aren't given a bag

I had an old fart misjudge a U turn in a supermarket carpark in his Camry, hit the towbar tongue on my Territory, trashed his bumper bar and took off without stopping. I now have some Toyota appliance white paint on my towball and there's a 90 year old hit and run driver with a Camry somewhere on the loose out there.
Old 25-02-2006, 12:01 PM   #97
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

I work at a GO-LO store (Crazy Clarks, The Warehouse, Chicken Feed type store) and pension day would easily be our busiest day.

The days I'm on registers, being abused is nothing new. I had an old man abuse me for close to 15 minutes because I overcharged him. I made him pay $10.00 for a $9.99 DVD... he told me he would take the whole store to consumer affairs due to us overcharging him and having false advertising. I told him I was more than happy to refund the cash and he can pay by eftpos, therefor paying only $9.99 and incurring a $1.00 bank fee, the choice was his.

I have had people abuse me for overcharging them .12c, they stand there and hold up a massive line of people so that they can get their .10c back.

I've had people return goods for the most retarded reasons, a woman returned a 6pack of solo 300ml bottles or something, with only 4 bottles left saying "it tasted too sour, it wasn't right". It's SOLO it's not meant to taste like candy!

Then you get the thieves, a couple of christmases ago an old woman tried to hide a frozen CHICKEN underneath her HAT, however, due to it being frozen on her head, she fainted as she was walking out of the store.

I hate people.
Old 25-02-2006, 08:15 PM   #98
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Ah yes but maybe THEY might be witty, educated and well dressed enough to recognise a parody of a famous Monty Python sketch from the 1960s....
Picked it straight away. One of the best sketches ever!
Old 04-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #99
JMOF
Starter Motor

I guess before you become old and wise you have to young and stupid :
Old 04-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #100
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Jeez someones had the old spade and shovel out today for a bit of thread mining havnt they....

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #101
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Old 04-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #102
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I'm wondering why someone joins a car forum and thinks digging this up from years ago is a worthwhile first contribution.
Closed Thread