Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #1
redauxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default My XR8

Hi everyone, finally got my XR8 and its a freak!
Its an auto and it smokes off the line... It also killed my mates VX SS, 6 speed man, with full zaust system and k&n filter.... And it slaughtered my mates BA XR8, auto...

The thing is, my mate gave it some foot (vx ss) and i accelerated after him and caught up... I thought au xr's were only good for low range stuff and ls1's flogged them in the high rev range... Wheras mine keeps pulling all the way to redline...

Its supposed to be stock as a rock with a previous female owner, but its sounds lumpy and got a VERY loud and awesome exhaust note...

Does anyone know wat mods could have made it like this?

I run it off 95 octane

redauxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2009, 10:49 PM   #2
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

BA XR8 Autos are pretty slow standard, the VX SS should be competitive but sounds like you have found a nice example.

Take it down to the Plex with yuor mates SS and see if he makes up some ground in the second 1/2 of the track though..
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2009, 11:10 PM   #3
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

awesome! youve seemed quite excited about this car for a long time lol
its probably got some work done by the sounds of it..
my uncles au3 xr8 has a full herrod exhaust, 4 spd auto and it doesnt smoke off the line and it was by no means a slow car
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2009, 11:53 PM   #4
dreadly
Banned

Man... there's so many varients to this. You got a good start- they got a bad one, weather conditions..... How are we gonna know without seeing the car?
You should do some research on the car you've brought...... simply ask who you brought it off for starts lol
Every cars different, different mods bring different gains, different brands have different gains etc quality of parts, workmanship, maintance, fuels etc etc
Everyone gets excited with new cars.... check out the search thread, you'll find alot of your answers there. ;)
Also check out this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_EptdBA9T0
dreadly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 01:24 AM   #5
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Just for comparison.
I raced a VY SS and we were even until around the last 100m and he pulled about a car length.
Brother in laws VU SS was dead even.

Your mate might just be a bad driver. It was a manual so there was room for error.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 03:35 AM   #6
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

Does anyone know wat mods could have made it like this?

The mods that tickford done made it like that !! All 220 have a fair lump at idle.

as far as spining the tyres of the line, the differance between one car to another can be as simple as tyre age and air pressure.

PS, Im glad your happy.
CRAIGAU3220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 04:14 AM   #7
redauxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh guys thanks aye, the car is GREAT! My mates VX SS is a manual, but from alot of people point of views he is a pretty good driver....

Got a few problems though... Well i think they are problems, im gonna go check em out but ill tell you guys wat they are incase you know wat they are..

1. Very rough idle, like its got a massive cam in it, yet it has great low down power? I think this could be somthing wrong with the air intake...
2. I did a burnout, on my mates block of land ( got his own burnout pad).. smoked real easy, but couldnt do a burnout again after its like the brakes went soft.....
3. 1st to 2nd gear at low revs seems to clunk in
4. The exhaust is extremely LOUD but sounds awesome! But when its cold sounds like a truck
5. The biggest problem is that i love the car so much im gonna call in sick on tuesday and wednesday

Anyways, ill post some vids and pics up soon.... Taking some wicked pics 2day hopefully...

Cheers Guys

PS FORDS RULE!
Old 27-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #8
dreadly
Banned

Delete this thread it's utterly ridiculous!
What are we 10? :

Last edited by dreadly; 27-04-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 27-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #9
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadly
Delete this thread it's utterly ridiculous!
I beg your pardon?? How utterly bloody rude and uncalled for. There is nothing wrong with a bloke being excited about his new ride.

You are lucky this isn't a warning.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #10
dreadly
Banned

Common russ you know what i mean.....
Sorry new guy
Im really glad your happy with your new buy!!! YAYYYYYYYYY

Last edited by dreadly; 27-04-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 27-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #11
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

If it's an auto then you could have a hi-stall torque converter. If you held it on the brakes and did a massive burnout with a hi-stall, it's possible you put it into limp-home mode coz the revs went so high, so it locked into 3rd gear. Turning the car off and restarting it 30 seconds later usually resets it.

Edit: Oops, I mean it will go into limp-home mode if you stall it up real high, not a burn out.

A clunky 1st to 2nd usually means it may have a shift kit.

My idle is also a bit rough but I think it's coz my throttle body needs a clean.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #12
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nah, its probably not a shift kit, youre probably just driving it in performance mode
mine started kicking back very very hard after i loaded my flash tuner up. it shifts hard from 1st to 2nd as well even if im not driving it hard. if its got a shift kit you will definitely chirp between 1st and 2nd if youre accelerating hard but im sure you would have noticed that already if its there ;)
also your brakes probably just got way way too hot, the standard au brakes crap themselves if you do a couple of hard stops or do a burnout, i assume it doesnt have brembos?
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon

The old ride....
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Old 27-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #13
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Zero to the legal limit isn't realy a good guide for comparison and anything else on the road other than that will be deleted as we don"t condone street racing : But that said the 220 is streets ahead of the 200 , and should with a few Mods walk a clubbie,but look out if the LS1 has simular mods , Best you can do is come along to the Forums Drag Nats at the end of May Drag your commie mate along there"s heaps of the gang there to give you good advice then you will have time slips, to back the bragging rights and we can all hang it on your mate too : Glad your another happy AUXR8 owner

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #14
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Glad your happy with your new ride mate, enjoy it.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 09:14 PM   #15
redauxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks alot everyone.... I'll try not to post any more childish threads up :
Old 27-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #16
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by redauxr8
Thanks alot everyone.... I'll try not to post any more childish threads up :
lol dw about it! if people dont wanna read what you have to say they dont have to, i personally found nothing wrong with anything youve said since you joined the forums lol
i can tell youre not an expert but after a few months of trolling around here you probably will be :
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon

The old ride....
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR