Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 30-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #31
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
How about we all bend over and take it form the government then in any way they want to give it to us when we know it is about revenue and nothing else. So many sheep..... baaaaaaa baaaaaahhhh
What a load of crap, he was doing 25+klm's over the limit, I don't think revenue should be brought into this when we are talking about nothing but stupidity here, if you want to rant about revenue start another thread about actuall revenue raising when people can and do get done for 3 or 5 klm's over, that's revenue mate.
I'd like to know your opinion if you were out driving on the fwy at the posted speed limit and this person was doing 125+klm's and either flew right past you or come up behind your rear, hmm even better it's people like this that like to tailgate when lanes merge into one because they can not do 125+klm anymore.
Old 30-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #32
MrXr6Tickford
AU Club Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
What an annoying cop, he should have put it down a few km for you... good to see him continuing the bad name traffic cops have built for themselves...
You need to think before you type.

The Traffic police have a job to do. IMHO sounds like the traffic cop has done the right thing. The person who lost there licence WAS breaking the law what else do you expect for it? A slap on the hand and on your merry way?

If the police dont take a stand on people breaking the law then everyone will be speeding and we will then end up with a massive road toll. You get what you deserve for breaking the law.

Click Here
Old 30-05-2009, 06:21 PM   #33
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
What a load of crap, he was doing 25+klm's over the limit, I don't think revenue should be brought into this when we are talking about nothing but stupidity here, if you want to rant about revenue start another thread about actuall revenue raising when people can and do get done for 3 or 5 klm's over, that's revenue mate.
I'd like to know your opinion if you were out driving on the fwy at the posted speed limit and this person was doing 125+klm's and either flew right past you or come up behind your rear, hmm even better it's people like this that like to tailgate when lanes merge into one because they can not do 125+klm anymore.
Okay so you have put tailgating into 125km/h for some reason.... How do you figure that?

Or is it because you are an idiot that sits below the speed limit or blocks people from overtaking in the outside lane.

You are deducing that about this bloke being a tailgater, so in turn your comments suggest you are a right hand lane logging knob. It makes about as much sense as your tailgating comment.

125km/h on Aussie country highways is a perfectly safe speed in many conditions. Just that we swallow all this crap put out by the road safety industry about lowering limits all the time and wear it. NT introduced limits recently and suffered their worst road toll in years....
Old 30-05-2009, 06:25 PM   #34
alter_EGOXR
BF MKII XR6

well i personally think its your mates problem, and you shouldnt worry about it too much...i guess you could learn from his mistakes :P, and never getting into this situation...well wish your mate all the best but like what everyone has mentioned before, i dont think he will be able to get his licence back esp when doing 25+ over the limit....i hope he learns from this, when he does get his licence back....
Old 30-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #35
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This anarchistic ideology is stupid in the extreme. the relative merits and appropriate setting of speed limits is a totally different topic, to accept or condone traveling above let alone well above the posted limits is both stupid and dangerous full stop.
Speed differential between vehicles IS a huge factor in accidents, especially when one is traveling well above the posted limit while everyone else respects them.....

Old 30-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #36
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Enough already.

This topic has been done to death over and over and over and over again.