Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Update..back on the road.

Found this from back in 2006 and I now have an update !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken
Help please, I'm suffering from car withdrawal!!
My job has moved into the city (Sydney) and now I get the pleasure of a bus trip to and from work 5 days a week.
No more daily trips in mu AU.
Any suggestions on how to cope from LODMAU?
(Lack Of Driving My AU)

Uncle_Ken :
I'm filling in for someone for the rest of the year at work and ...wait for it.... I get to drive again. Its been ages since I had to drive the AU to work. Start in 1 week. Can't wait to get back to driving the AU on a every day of the week.
No more bus to the city ...

: :1syellow1 :

UK

How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #2
AUbigfoot
Ford beginner

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Must be very exciting. Mind you, the break is good every now and then otherwise the car can lose it's special feeling unless you mod something every month.
AUbigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #3
Uncle_Ken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensbigfoot
Must be very exciting. Mind you, the break is good every now and then otherwise the car can lose it's special feeling unless you mod something every month.
I agree. I get to drive a number of company cars, the new Falcons, Focus, Lancer, Hyundai (Sonata and I30), Nissin Tida and Toyotas.

I still enjoy the ride and 'feel' of the AU.

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Old 11-05-2009, 12:08 AM   #4
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Congrats UK!! i still find driving my AU2SR alot nicer than anything else i've ever driven... and i dont mind sharing that i dont like the seats in my bosses BA XR6T!... lol
Old 29-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #5
Uncle_Ken

Default Back online

Not only am I back on the road, I'm back on the forums at work.

Things just get better:

UK

happy camper
Old 29-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Not only am I back on the road, I'm back on the forums at work.

Things just get better:

UK

happy camper
wish i could say the same... i just lost my job last friday... :
Old 29-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #7
Uncle_Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEPRINT
wish i could say the same... i just lost my job last friday... :
Sorry to hear this. Never a good time to be out of work.

UK
Old 29-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #8
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
Sorry to hear this. Never a good time to be out of work.

UK
Damn straight... however, its been 5 working days since i was canned... and i gotta submit my resume into 8 different places... one of which was an advertised job... he seemed very interested and even extended the dead line...

Still enjoying the driving to work? :P
Old 29-05-2009, 06:55 PM   #9
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i still find driving my AU2SR alot nicer than anything else i've ever driven.
The list of cars you have driven must be pretty sad then hey
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #10
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthAu
The list of cars you have driven must be pretty sad then hey
I have driven many vehicles, not just including my own... i couldnt even figure out the amount, but i know its in the hundreds by now...

Driven a few different models of Commodores and still dont like any of them... lol!
Old 29-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #11
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not trying to offend, but I probably will, just seems to be a slight lack of reality for alot of people on here lately.
A bog stock series 2 povo pack, stock ride height and live axle in my opinion handles about as well as a boat, power from the stock windsor is almost as impressive as a 20 year lod ride on mower I once owned, seats aren't great but they aren't the worst, but the feel of the steering (lightness) is tops.
All up I can't see anyone thinking they are the nicest car to drive, after spending a small fortune replacing all the suspension components, driveline changes and adding boost I love driving my au but still wouldn't even rate it in the top 10 cars I have driven, maybe top 10 cars I have driven that I can afford to own?
Old 29-05-2009, 07:46 PM   #12
fordon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive got an AU3 SR lpg wagon stock and i had a BA XR8 and I like my AU3 SR LPG wagon better :-)
fordon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #13
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordon
Ive got an AU3 SR lpg wagon stock and i had a BA XR8 and I like my AU3 SR LPG wagon better :-)
But anyone who knows you knows it isn't because the au drives better, just that you are cheap, you must preffer the running cost
Old 29-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #14
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Let the jousting begin! LOL!

out: :jab: : ing_sm

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 03:57 AM   #15
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Yeh, can't say I like AUs much. Would never own one, let alone drive one. Oh that's right, i think i've had a half dozen of them and loved every single one.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #16
Uncle_Ken

Quote:
Damn straight... however, its been 5 working days since i was canned... and i gotta submit my resume into 8 different places... one of which was an advertised job... he seemed very interested and even extended the dead line...

Still enjoying the driving to work? :P
Yeah its great to just get in 'my car' again a drive. Good luck with the job hunt.

UK
Old 30-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #17
Uncle_Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Yeh, can't say I like AUs much. Would never own one, let alone drive one. Oh that's right, i think i've had a half dozen of them and loved every single one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Let the jousting begin! LOL!

out: :jab: : ing_sm

GK
You guys !!!

UK
Old 31-05-2009, 10:40 PM   #18
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Good to hear you are back in the car after a long absence. I am waiting to be able to do the same tomorrow.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 10:05 PM   #19
Uncle_Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
Good to hear you are back in the car after a long absence. I am waiting to be able to do the same tomorrow.
Thanks Chief. Lot of people waiting to see you back on the road !!!

Keeping an eye out for you post.

UK: