Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
IJG033
Craazzee Barstard

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Dave is an absolute wealth of knowlege.. GT stuff. 
Default Movement Of Threads Why ?????

Just like to know why Threads are Moved from Location where the Author Feels it is most suited Or the Section Of Ford Forums They USE to areas other than the Author's choice because They mention certain items ,

I Know if I wanted to talk about Clevo Engines I would do it here as Classic Falcons had Clevo Engines & I DON"T GO TO THE CLEVO SECTION OF THE SITE as I check a couple of Sub Forums ie Classic Falcons , Project cars & sometimes one or the Other .

I just don't see why Threads get moved , PLEASE EXPLAIN as the thread I'm talking about is the XB ute thread with a 250 engine & as far as I can tell thats ALL CLASSIC FALCON RELATED & so are Modifications to it ,

Just my thoughts

Cheers

Dave

PS I would read the WHOLE XB UTE THREAD if it was in Classic Falcons , but in 6 cylinder section I don't go there .

Old 02-06-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
Rob
Living the dream

Click "New Posts" near the Search function - simple. You can't complain that threads are in other forums just because you've decided not to visit them.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #3
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

I would probably move about 2 threads per month to an area that I beleive will have more benefit to the thread starter or better suited in general. If it specifically to do with a classic, then it would stay here. If it to do with a 250 specifically as this thread was, then it goes in the 6 cylinder section ......

Also, the link is still here so it gets the benefit of both sections in one go! If I thought it had NO relation what so ever to a classic, it would be moved with no link.

This area is very specific to classics and it was a general question specifically relating to a common engine rather than the XB. If it was relating to a conversion or what ever, then it wouldn't be moved. It is a general question on improving a 250, there is a benefit of it being in the 6 cylinder section, and in this case, BOTH sections at once.

This area is very lightly moderated I beleive as most things asked or discussed is no probs ........ but 1 out of 200 posts may be moved at my discretion if I believe it is better suited elsewhere ...... or as in this case .... two places.

If you are not visiting the other areas of the forum ....... I beleive ..... you are missing out on some great conversations and discussions about other topics to do with the classics!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 02-06-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:05 PM   #4
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Click "New Posts" near the Search function - simple. You can't complain that threads are in other forums just because you've decided not to visit them.
Exactly that is what I do, you see everything then.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Or click "thread tools"
then "sucbscribe to post" and you will be updated on new posts
Old 02-06-2009, 09:13 PM   #6
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

I must be a bit old fashioned like Dave too. (And, No, I am not critisising anyone)

There are only certain forum places and threads that I visit, either because I am only interested in specific things/cars/models/engine configurations, or my time is quite limited on the net these days as I am doing other things outside of the house of late.

I mainly occupy the Show n Shine areas relating only to the cars of interest to me, sometimes the projects section with similar criteria, and occasionally the coupe club area for a look.
Every now and again I also check out the QLD events section.

The 2 areas I visit regularly are this one, aka Classic Falcons and FPV and Boss Powered Falcons, and thats pretty much all my spare time allows these days.

Sometimes, but more rarely now if I am on the net with little to do, or boared I go in an have a look in the Pub and Bar, but if a particular topic isnt in the main areas I look at, then I usually dont get to see them.

I am sure I am missing heaps of related or even interesting stuff, and some people out there are missing out on advise I may have (like Dave gives out freely as I do too), because our time isnt unlimited to cruise all the forums and sub forums.

This site has gotten so huge and diverse that it makes it very time consuming to devote time well to more than a few forums. Well for me thats the case.

Cheers.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #7
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Just to let Dave and Donny know ...... out of 375 threads, 7 have been moved over the past 3 months ..... with links in this thread to the new area.

The amount that have been MOVED into this section would be 100 or more .... moved from areas that you would never have seen as they were posted in areas that might not have given them the attention they should receive .....ie: From the pub or other obscure places.

Yes ........ this place is huge now and the moving of threads for mods is going on every minute of the day.

I greatly appreciate what Donny and Dave contribute to this site and help out hundreds of people. Thats because things do get moved around, you get to see a hell of a lot more than you would otherwise.

Thats the end of it as I do not like, and dont need, to justify my actions in here BUT if anyone does have a problem, please fell free to PM me or ADMIN if you think what I do behind the scenes isnt to your liking.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 02-06-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:56 AM   #8
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Adding to what Auslandau has said.

The sub forums exist so members can find what they are looking for, perhaps we should remove them so no one has "go there".

Try finding what you want with 171,784 threads and 2,569,692 and posts in the same area.

Seriously, if you refuse to read another area it's a personal problem not a forum issue.

And btw, questions regarding the running of the actual site go in the site support area.
Closed Thread