Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
Bmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Arrow Need windscreen puller [north Bris]

We are in urgent need of someone to pull out the front and rear screens of the XM Booger Mobile for some paint and panel work to comence. And to replace at a later date. [located at Moreyfeild]

Is there anyone out there who would like to do this for us in exchange for there business name on the car.

This car is for the Camp Quality esCarpade event to help kids with cancer, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott.

Bmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
Tobey
BF Ute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by B mobile
We are in urgent need of someone to pull out the front and rear screens of the XM Booger Mobile for some paint and panel work to comence. And to replace at a later date. [located at Moreyfeild]

Is there anyone out there who would like to do this for us in exchange for there business name on the car.

This car is for the Camp Quality esCarpade event to help kids with cancer, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott.

Its not that hard to pull them out with a heat gun.

Then get a windscreen guy to put them back in...
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
Bmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How do you do it ?
Old 11-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Use piano wire, or some fine strong wire. Two handles at each end (after you thread it through the sealant) and use it like a saw.
Best sealant cutter I have ever seen.

You will need 2 guys to "saw".
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
mickvxbs
bogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanrz
Use piano wire, or some fine strong wire. Two handles at each end (after you thread it through the sealant) and use it like a saw.
Best sealant cutter I have ever seen.

You will need 2 guys to "saw".

As above for the front and for the rear you will need two as well, one outside able to catch the screen as it comes out and one inside pushing on the screen with their feet.

Note: this for a XB coupe rear screen yours maybe a little different.
mickvxbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

You dont need to bugger around with wires etc on the early birds. Remove the chrome trim, sit in the front seat and push with your feet on one corner of the screen, it will start to come and then just keep pushing. Get someone to catch the screen, but it wont pop out in much of a hurry anyway.
Same goes for the back screen.
To put them back in tie a string/rope around the rubber where the car body will sit. push the screen in and pull on the rope to pop the seal in.
redxm is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
Bmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So you put the seal around the glass and the rope in the groove where the metal body will sit in, then place screen against body and pull rope from inside.

And to pop out do I push on top or bottom corner. And how does the chrome trim come off?

Argh.... I need help
Old 11-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #8
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

I usually start at the top corner, undo the chrome corners and whatever else you can get off, the rest comes out with the rubber
redxm is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 11:19 PM   #9
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxm
You dont need to bugger around with wires etc on the early birds. Remove the chrome trim, sit in the front seat and push with your feet on one corner of the screen, it will start to come and then just keep pushing. Get someone to catch the screen, but it wont pop out in much of a hurry anyway.
Same goes for the back screen.
To put them back in tie a string/rope around the rubber where the car body will sit. push the screen in and pull on the rope to pop the seal in.
you beat me to it, this is the way to do older cars as they dont have laminated screens and rubber is very flexible, i usually just put my feet in the middle and push out with a mate on outside,probably works better from side but i always thought its likely to smash it as you are bending glass from side
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post