Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU Grill

Guys whats your thoughts on the au series 1 grill? I have the slat wall grill, the letterbox for flats one. I want to change the way the car looks without doing a kit as such. I looked on ebay and found some alteza black XR style lights and while on ebay came across a guy that does a XR style grill with a mesh insert, smaller than normal BA but fits within the confines of a normal grill. The wagons white with black mesh 18's, i was going to do the grill white with black mesh. Other grills i have see are the obvious, sr ute one style and the fairmont with the chrome upper strip. Has anyone got this XR mesh grill they can post a pic of? Price seems ok about 110 plus 10 for mesh, its in gelcoat.
AZZA

azza11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

so in my mind there's three factory grilles for the AU1 low bonnet - the stock forte 'waterfall' or 'whaletooth' grille that is by far the worst, then we have the 'eggcrate' or ute grille, which is pretty good, possibly the best, and the futura grille, where it has a chrome bar and a bit of a mouth. IMO there aren't any good looking aftermarket grilles, so get an eggcrate up ya and be happy.
Old 14-09-2009, 11:33 PM   #3
T3man
Banned

Just paint your grille body colour - works a treat.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2009, 12:45 AM   #4
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Or if you want a ute grille (aka egg crate grille), I have one for sale. I upgraded the front of the ute to the high series bonnet and used a ghia grille.
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2009, 12:53 AM   #5
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How's the s1 look minus a grill all together?
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2009, 12:55 AM   #6
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza11
Guys whats your thoughts on the au series 1 grill? I have the slat wall grill, the letterbox for flats one. I want to change the way the car looks without doing a kit as such. I looked on ebay and found some alteza black XR style lights and while on ebay came across a guy that does a XR style grill with a mesh insert, smaller than normal BA but fits within the confines of a normal grill. The wagons white with black mesh 18's, i was going to do the grill white with black mesh. Other grills i have see are the obvious, sr ute one style and the fairmont with the chrome upper strip. Has anyone got this XR mesh grill they can post a pic of? Price seems ok about 110 plus 10 for mesh, its in gelcoat.
AZZA
XRs grill is part of the front bumper. Not quite sure what you mean by XR mesh grill.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2009, 01:04 AM   #7
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag top
Or if you want a ute grille (aka egg crate grille), I have one for sale. I upgraded the front of the ute to the high series bonnet and used a ghia grille.
And here i was thinking i was the only one lol. Thats 2 today. It looks a hell of alot better i reckon, au 1 front looks horrible but xr is nice.
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2009, 01:06 AM   #8
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm58
And here i was thinking i was the only one lol. Thats 2 today. It looks a hell of alot better i reckon, au 1 front looks horrible but xr is nice.
haha - but I didn't stop there....
Old 15-09-2009, 08:35 AM   #9
lofty
Rusticating

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent article on AU Power window installation. 

Hawk.

http://www.awcinfo.com/secureshop/ca...php?cat_id=133

http://www.fibrefab.com.au/ford/ford.html

Territory SYII RWD, BFII RTV tray
lofty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #10
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

You mean this one? It's the venom grille.

Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #11
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That what I call a grill.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2009, 06:53 PM   #12
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

that's what most people call a grille
Old 15-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #13
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag top
haha - but I didn't stop there....
Neither did i au 2 black dash, fairlane leather interior. Front end upgrade in a couple of weeks. What about you? Azza11 sorry to hijack your thread mate.
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #14
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
You mean this one? It's the venom grille.

Thanks for posting that up, thats the one i am refering to. Wondered the obvious if any members had one on there car now. Its by far the best grill i have seen. I was almost going to go AU II on the front. I'm just going to buy it, put it on and leave it in gelcoat until i get the bonnet fixed (small dent).
Lowering takes importance this week.
AZZA
azza11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 03:54 AM   #15
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm58
Neither did i au 2 black dash, fairlane leather interior. Front end upgrade in a couple of weeks. What about you? Azza11 sorry to hijack your thread mate.
PM sent...
Old 18-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #16
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Venom grille is the Futura grille with the chrome strip removed and the corner reshaped. I made my own before realising that I love the eggcrate grille. When its installed, it doesnt look like its from an XR, just so you know.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post