Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 24-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #1
octane6t
Starter Motor

Default How much did you pay?

Just wondering how much people are paying for their new fiestas (WS?) I'm looking at an auto LX or zetec with 5 doors and I'm located in NSW.

octane6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I paid 23 straight on road for Fiesta Zetec 5door, manual, with mats, alloy pedals, illuminated gear stick knob, extended 3 year dealer warranty.
Old 25-09-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Paid $24,000 for mine which is the silver Zetec 5 door and manual with everything in it. (minus the mats)
Old 25-09-2009, 02:18 PM   #4
octane6t
Starter Motor

thanks for the responses so far. Even if its not exactly what im looking at i know the cost of the major differences so it gives me something to compare.
octane6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #5
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I paid $22,800 D/A for my Three-Door Zetec in White. Seems like I got ripped off looking at others pricing, but I paid for their service, which from Ford Dealer experience is second to none. Your in NSW though, I'm QLD. Hit Carpoint and do a search.
Old 26-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
Keyan
Starter Motor

3 dr Zetec, Vision, bargain to $22000, with Pro-tint (not the normal shading tint), carpet. Best thing is, from the order to delivery it just took 9 days. I guess it was cancelled order.
Keyan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #7
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyan
3 dr Zetec, Vision, bargain to $22000, with Pro-tint (not the normal shading tint), carpet. Best thing is, from the order to delivery it just took 9 days. I guess it was cancelled order.
Mine was 2 days
Old 26-09-2009, 04:30 PM   #8
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess I could have picked mine up the next day after the initial phone call, but bloody ANZ took forever doing whatever they do after they approve you.
Old 26-09-2009, 11:17 PM   #9
BruceT

Pretty close to $24,000 D/A for a Vision Blue 4 door Zetec manual in NSW (charges vary by state).

- Jeremy Clarkson on the WS Fiesta Zetec
BruceT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #10
golden
2009 WS Moondust Silver

18800 D/A LX Manual with Paint & Tint. QLD
golden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #11
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BruceT, just a side note, and totally off-topic but it's been nagging at me since I created my signature months ago and recently noticed yours...The Fiesta that Jeremy Clarkson tested was not a Zetec Fiesta, it was a Titanium model. Also there are three Fiesta configurations, three-door hatch, five-door hatch and four-door. The four-door is a sedan, not in Australia yet.
Old 27-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #12
BruceT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
BruceT, just a side note, and totally off-topic but it's been nagging at me since I created my signature months ago and recently noticed yours...The Fiesta that Jeremy Clarkson tested was not a Zetec Fiesta, it was a Titanium model. Also there are three Fiesta configurations, three-door hatch, five-door hatch and four-door. The four-door is a sedan, not in Australia yet.
Firstly, I apologise for picking up your idea, but I did love those two lines from the Top Gear Test and wanted to broadcast them.

I was aware a 4 door was in the offing, but I thought that was planned for the US launch, and maybe would filter back to Europe and here. (The Verve concept was a 4 door with boot.) I'm happy to be corrected.

Our Zetec is a blend of the European Titanium and Zetec specs with some feature added (as standard) and others deleted - some completely unavailable. The suspension of ours is actually set at the Euro Titanium spec.

If you go here:
http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/NewFiesta...specifications
The Euro Zetec has "Sport tune with lowered ride height" (we don't),
Euro Titanium has cruise control - Euro Zetec doesn't.

Our has standard Bluetooth hands free and voice control - no UK cars have that (GBP 150 option). See here:
http://www.ford.co.uk/Hidden/SidebyS...=1204919790217

To me it's a question of a valid comparison. The car Clarkson tested was a 1.6 litre manual. The only choice here, but a big engine in the UK. It had all the safety gear including Electronic Stability Programme (ESP), Traction Assist, ABS and Electronic Brake-force distribution (EBD). You can see the ESP in Clarkson's car as the "skid light" lights up in his dash - he was using it, especially during hand-brake turns, so it's relevent. It's not even standard on the top UK cars - GBP 300 extra! His car (UK Titanium spec) has our suspension set-up (Aus Zetec). The main difference from the point of view of the Top Gear "test" was that Clarkson's car had the 17" alloys that are optional here.

So I'd argue that Clarkson's car was closer to our 4 (sorry 5) door Zetec manual, especially if it has 17" alloys and is green!

Anyway, may I keep using the signature? :

- Jeremy Clarkson on the WS Fiesta Zetec
BruceT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #13
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We live in Australia, where the line-up consists of a both a three and five-door.

I'm fully aware of the Euro Ford line-up, having owned a MK6 Fiesta I'm a huge fan of the car so I do keep up with the specs etc. I have no issue with you using whatever you want for your signature, all I'm saying is the car that was tested was a Titanium model, not a Zetec. Do whatever you want to do; I'm just sooking over my final grade 12 assessment piece when I got marked down for not correctly acknowledging the source material. Meh, anyway enough of that...
Old 03-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #14
ChrisHudson
Starter Motor

Default Good price?

Quoted 23K drive away today in Melbourne for 'Squeeze' 5-door Zetec with mats and iPod connector - does this sound like a good deal?
ChrisHudson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2009, 03:02 AM   #15
Festy
WS Fiesta 5Dr Manual

Smile

Quote:
Quoted 23K drive away today in Melbourne for 'Squeeze' 5-door Zetec with mats and iPod connector - does this sound like a good deal?
Sounds alright Chris. Even better if that included prestige paint as well.
Festy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #16
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHudson
It is in the ball park of a good price.