Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-08-2005, 11:02 PM   #31
BJ
Banned

Here we go again. When will people learn that the boys in blue are right and you are wrong. I does not matter how you look at it they will find some thing to pick on. I use to own a pahse 3Ho, 100 point factory stock ok. We were driving home from a cruise night on night and got pulled over. The first thing they got me for in there eyes was the shaker, next was the front window tint band the list went on and on with about 5 to 10 things they thought were wrong with the car. The next thing the officer in charge pulled up a block about my age (early 40s) and asks what the hell they were doing. The point is it dose not matter what you have thet will always find some thing wrong. In the end they got me for scrubed front tyres.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 11:08 PM   #32
neb
hibernating

My car got a major defect parked at a shopping centre one night. I had gone in someone elses car, and it was stuck on my front windscreen when I had gotten back. Fair enough I had stockies on my car which were just a bit under legal tread. But still I thought that was pretty harsh...
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 12:10 AM   #33
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb
My car got a major defect parked at a shopping centre one night. I had gone in someone elses car, and it was stuck on my front windscreen when I had gotten back. Fair enough I had stockies on my car which were just a bit under legal tread. But still I thought that was pretty harsh...

yeh man it was parked! thats hammered, thats the 1st time i'd seen that happen...

anyway ive had cops pull over a friend b4 for a license check, and we just asked , is it illegal to have a pod filter, and the cop replied...what the F!K is a pod filter? we sed a form of better air for economy, he just shugged his shoulders n sed have a good night.

- Grechie
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 01:31 AM   #34
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maso
The sad thing is the boys in blue are just doing their job to protect the public and the lack of respect thrown their way is unbelievable.
I say give them more power to remove these ****ers off the street or even offer some sort of controlled environment to have fun.
I dissagree with the more power to the cops bit.

Controlled environment maybe... like a skate park idea, but for cars! (commonly known as a carpark?? :P).

I say boys will be boys, they'll never stop young people being wreckless, so throwing more laws at them will only raise revenue/put more "criminals" on record - not stop the hoons.

No easy solution. ****ers like Ray Martin don't help at all. Labelling them as "idiots" only builds a worst stereotype for car enthusiests. But then again, when is the media ever fair?

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 03:26 AM   #35
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this is not a new thing , i can remember same stuff happening at back st drags nearly every friday night back in 70s, there are some dangerouse cars, and drivers out there that need education, as for current affair, reminds me of the story they did labeling all truck drivers as drugys and speedsters, typical of their attempt to get ratings,
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 09:20 AM   #36
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

If you don't want to be defected ... do waht T Terror said ... steer clear of hotspots.

I haven't been around the regular cruise areas for the last few years ... guess what ... not one defect at all.

I was defected one night for an oil leak on my motor ... cos it was the only thing they could find on the car to defect ... they had to do it ... just to put do it to try and put you off coming back to the area again.

Moral of the story ... don't go the normal cruise areas/hangouts during evenings or on Sunday arvos ... otherwise if you do ... you'll get done time after time.

I have attended many other cruises to less frequented areas with clubs .... and never get hassled by the cops at all.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 09:35 AM   #37
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah
Ok, well i watched it, and it never ceases to amaze me. This is a little off topic to start with but i hope u see my point...

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but how exactly can they do a 10 minute report on repeat drink drivers, sit there secretly taping older people(by this i mean not the "hoon" age they refer to) sitting in a public bar getting p|ssed, then getting in there cars clearly unable to drive, and driving off, and not seeing a single police person present or even in their whole report for that matter. They even show people coming out of court who have lost their license for drink driving, getting in there cars and driving off, again no police presence.

Yet the very next segment on their show, "Hoons". Hey they even have a "hoon squad" to combat this problem. This gets me to what really p|sses me off!!!

Now I may be biased in my opinion, as i work in a pub/club and I sit there every day watching the regulars coming in anywhere from 2.30 in the arvo onwards, drinking themselves to oblivion and driving home. No matter how much u offer these people a taxi, they assure you they're ok to drive. ing_sm

Now it may just be my opinion, but how the hell can they make out that the HOONS are a menace on the streets. P platers, highly modified cars etc etc. Ok, so I accept that street racing etc, and idiocy behind the wheel is dangerous, but how about getting some of these Hoon Squad policemen to sit outside my work and catch all the drunken bastards that drive home every night, because I think theyre the real menace on the road.

I accept the police have a job, and hey i even accept that getting some of the dickheads off the roads, but comeon.... stop stereotyping every P Plater or person with a modified car as a hoon, and put the peoples tax paying dollars to actually saving people on the road by getting the drunken ones off it. :
Simple Leah, The police in the report were from Victoria, not NSW.
Our police have become so impotent thanks to years of enquiries and corruption watchdogs that have caught some corrupt policeman, but villified hundreds of innocent police; to the point of losing almost all of the experienced officers in NSW. The State Dictatorship errr, Government is interested in revenue raising more than crime. It single handedly over the last ten years has made an effective police force turn into the co deputy commissioner of taxation.

Why do police crack down on hoons and not drunk drivers?
Fines for hoons are an open and shut case, and are worth a hell of a lot more money. Drunk drivers have to go to our (immensely case logged) courts to have the matter heard. After all is said and done it actually nets very little in terms of the costs representative to the actual fine, and thus nets the Government very little revenue. That's why we have so many fixed speed camera's, radars, red light cameras, etc and so few rbt's.

Also, hoons are complained about a lot more by residents and police constantly get phone calls, raising the priority of the situation. Unless the pub actually calls the police you will find there are very little, or probably no complaints. That's why nothing is done. :monkes:

BTW, Ray Martin and that 21 year old feral bogan girl have something in common. Their both idiots. :
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post