Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: What is the fate or your 888 stuff
Donated to charity 5 3.13%
Donated to the dump 19 11.88%
Keeping it Ford/Holden it is all the same 12 7.50%
Keeping it to remember better (Betta) times 19 11.88%
Have not even thought about it, 888 are dead to me 17 10.63%
Never bought any 88 55.00%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-12-2009, 01:02 AM   #31
Chopped
as in chopped

I like Lowndes as he is very down to earth and a great talent but if you look at results then he has given 3 championships and 1 Bathurst win to Holden and has given 3 Bathurst wins and NO championships to Ford ?! :

Hang on to your 888 stuff - you can't deny what they have achieved in the last few years.
Old 26-12-2009, 02:37 PM   #32
davez104
Landau = GT with the lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman_75
not sure well buried in the cupboard but ,this was my final support for teams now i will just watch the race ,still ford boy just not for any racing ...BLAHHH
Don't lie, you'll be in front of the telly in 2011 waving your hyundai flag, wearing your hyundai racing team jacket. I can see it now! :

I never bought any T8 merchandise, ever. I recognise Lowndes as a very talented driver, probably the best one to watch in the series at present, but that's as far as it goes.

I'll watch the series next year, doubt I'll attend any events though. But the minute a V8 hyundai race car sets a wheel on the track, I'm out. It's got me buggered how the yanks can cheer for a Camry in Nascar. I'll have to find another series to watch, Biante looks the goods at the moment, the utes are always good to watch too.

GO THE FORDS!!

Dave.
davez104 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #33
XABEBAGT
GT Driver

I was as disappointed as anyone when T8 changed to Holden. My company (DEXION) had a three year contract as a sponsor of T8 as well as a personal sponsorship of Lowndes and Whincup. The contract for all this ended as of the end of this year. Thank goodness I won't be sponsoring a Holden team or drivers as contracts can continue regardless of what car they drive. I have heaps of signed and framed T8 merchandise which I will still proudly display as it reminds me of a great era in V8 Supercar racing when Fords were at the top. Lowndes, Whincup and the Triple 8 team did a fantastic job in getting Ford out in front and on to the podium many times. I'm proud of the association I had with T8 as well as the time I spent in the pits with them but I am also glad it is over now that the team has changed sides. As for Lowndes, he is truly one of the nicest guys I have ever met and I am sure this won't change just because he drives a Holden. I will still be proud to shake his hand next time we meet.
Cheers
Keith
3/93 EB2GT No 204 - Cardinal Red 1 of 88
8/03 BAGT No 395 - Blood Orange
6/08 FGGT No 295 - Octane
3/64 XM 4 Door - Red
XABEBAGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 08:35 PM   #34
XR Lita
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I will keep it and wear it. I have supported Craig from day 1, and will continue to support him no matter what he drives.

: T1 TE50 #094 :
XR Lita is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #35
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF4.0
I dont have a lot of 888 merchandise but the lowndes/whincup diecast collection will be staying as it makes up part of Fords bathurst and championship winning cars. People should think before they get rid of stuff because some of it may be collectible in the future, as dissapointing as it will be to see the smiling assasin driving for the opposition next year he did give his all while racing for Ford.

I have a few 888 models aswell. The Bathurst 06/07 winning BA/BF, and Lowndes' 05 BA.

It makes it alot easier for me now that Lowndes is coming back to Holden, because I've always supported him.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #36
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by davez104
Don't lie, you'll be in front of the telly in 2011 waving your hyundai flag, wearing your hyundai racing team jacket. I can see it now! :

I never bought any T8 merchandise, ever. I recognise Lowndes as a very talented driver, probably the best one to watch in the series at present, but that's as far as it goes.

I'll watch the series next year, doubt I'll attend any events though. But the minute a V8 hyundai race car sets a wheel on the track, I'm out. It's got me buggered how the yanks can cheer for a Camry in Nascar. I'll have to find another series to watch, Biante looks the goods at the moment, the utes are always good to watch too.

GO THE FORDS!!

Dave.
its her santa-fe not mine and you know its going to make way for a big fast cruiser lol....
:
Old 27-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #37
d_jarrett91

ill be keeping my stuff i reckon its just a waste to throw it away or whatever. I bought my stuff when they were ford and thats how it is. both are great drivers
d_jarrett91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #38
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Good Lord! You gacve it away, thats alot of money you threw away! I mean as an investment. Geez, I would have bought it.... In fact if anyonewants to sell any team vodafone stuff.... messsage me! i'm after pit crew shirts M/L & 06 & 08 Bathurst winning models from Classic Carlectables. Even one of their jackets would be awesome.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 03:00 AM   #39
opto
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know someone who has Triple 8 number plates, this year he is gonna look like a W#nker. :

Just practicing with the Tazer on a Koala?

Last edited by opto; 07-01-2010 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Incorrect oformation
opto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #40
ToxikXR6
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by opto
I know someone who has Triple 8 number plates, this year he is gonna look like a W#nker. :
same, ive seen a few around town..

ive still got all my T8 merch, will most likely still wear it.
thinking of framing the limited edition signed Darwin polo though.
ToxikXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 11:43 PM   #41
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Set fire to it on a bonfire at bathurst this year... I have footage, but there's too much profanity (at Roland Dane) to post on the web!

Just wish I'd taken my Lowndes polo upto the mountain, cause now I have to figure out what to do with it.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #42
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

post it on you tube. Id like to watch it

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8