Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-02-2010, 07:28 PM   #31
gtfpv
GT

the only thing thats stops young people taking big risks , and only to some degree are parents upbringing of the child . then the child has to take/ make calculated risks . its part of life , and immaturity / inexperience catches out some people .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #32
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOOK N CAROL
not a matter of makin it harder to get a license, but better training should be a part of it. To get a bike license you have to do a rider safe course, which is a very good course, I dont understand why an advanced driver course isnt part of the licensing system!! Yeh it costs, but whats a couple a hundred on top of the thousand it costs anyway. That is of course for those who bother to get that piece of plastic! For those who dont, all the laws in the world wont save them!!!

too true .
i really wish that the taxpayers funded hoon driving in controlled circumstances such as racing circuits etc with huge support encouragement and interest . that way kids and anyone else wouldnt have to see what their car can do that one time . on the roads .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #33
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Asking how to stop kids from killing themselves is like asking how to stop people dieing in jet cashes...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #34
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bird
And yet his tongue-in-cheek answer "Nothing", is the most honest and refreshing view I've heard on the topic in a long time.
i don't think it was tongue in cheek.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #35
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
He's going to get raped by the media for that comment. No matter how right/realistic it was.
He loves controversy, and that will put him in the spot light. Just like his comment on the the Volkswagon Scirocco. Berlin to Warsaw on one tank.....

I saw the ACA interview, and I agree with his comments. What was Tracey thinking? He has a magic cure for the young drivers getting killed? Interesting Clarkson point was that if they raised the legal driving age to over 30, it would still be a problem.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:04 PM   #36
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

As some one else mentioned, if you like Clarkson in the interview get his books. They are filled with realistic, down to earth views on hundreds of topics. He is stupid and looking for a bite some of the time, but generally his views are refreshingly spot on.

I would have like to seen Tracy push him further as this interview was obviously set up to condemn TG for "Hooning" and the road toll. I wonder how much was edited out as there is some general niceties and then Tracy gets into the serious stuff with the Accident/deaths talk. I was expecting a big finger pointing section but really only had 2 questions. Good though.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #37
prydey
Rob

clarkson was clearly 'under the weather' too. admitted that he'd had a 'massive' night the night before.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #38
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx
As some one else mentioned, if you like Clarkson in the interview get his books. They are filled with realistic, down to earth views on hundreds of topics. He is stupid and looking for a bite some of the time, but generally his views are refreshingly spot on.

I would have like to seen Tracy push him further as this interview was obviously set up to condemn TG for "Hooning" and the road toll. I wonder how much was edited out as there is some general niceties and then Tracy gets into the serious stuff with the Accident/deaths talk. I was expecting a big finger pointing section but really only had 2 questions. Good though.

No it was not setup to condemn hooning at all . It was setup to promote and remind people top gear is going to be on channel 9 in a couple of days. The interview was soft and played like a trailer.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #39
GUTLES
Adam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
clarkson was clearly 'under the weather' too. admitted that he'd had a 'massive' night the night before.
I was about to say the same thing reading through this thread, wasn't he playing beach cricket with ACDC the day before?

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 11:47 PM   #40
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Timing is impeccable http://www.cnet.com.au/top-gear-shif...-339299205.htm

Still JC makes a great point.
Old 13-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #41
ltd
Force Fed Fords

As I see it, a licence is a right of passage to some, and ultimately the P plater getting in trouble either disregards the laws, or gets drunk. Idiotic speeding (50 plus kmh over the limit) is brought on mainly by peer pressure to show off to his mates like that idiot in Victoria a couple of weeks ago.
Facts are, you'll never have any impact on kids until you do the following.

* Put police on the road to police drivers' behaviour. That means one pax on P1, P2 etc.
* Get rid of all the distractions in the young drivers cars ie GPS, phone, IPOD etc.
* On P2 only allow one Pax in the car, perhaps a baby (for the couples).
* On P1 allow only an adult above 25 years old as pax.
* Did I mention Police? Get out of the camera culture and actually observe/guide behaviours.
* Issue significant fines for breach of passenger restrictions.
* Police the roads, police youths and cars, police, police, police.

Quote: