Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-02-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
xp_wannabe

Default Drivers side door not locking

My AU2 XR6 ute has all of a sudden stopped locking the drivers door and beeping and flashing the lights when i try to do so.

Im pretty sure it has something to do with the "door closed" sensor, as the interior light has started coming on randomly as well, and the door shuts perfectly fine.

the passeneger door is locking no problems.

even when i sit inside the car and try to lock the door manually it wont do it.

where is the actual sensor for the door?

anyone got any tips?

thanks, mark

xp_wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
Scott

Replace the actuator, it is attached to the lock so if you remove the door card you will find it inside on the right hand side. It has a couple of rods attached that are easily removed from what they are connected to and you need to unplug it. From there, just three or four screws hold it in place - you get to these from the outside of the door where it closes on the latch.

I just bought one for a BA for $60 no exchange from a local wrecker, I had had quotes up to $95 exchange.

Whole job takes about 30 mins.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
xp_wannabe

thanks mate, i will look into that.

just an update though:

the interior light will not go off, even after the car has been started and doors are closes, UNTIL I PUT THE TRANSMISSION IN REVERSE!! (manual)

im thinking it has something to do with a reverse light switch or something? because it first started happening after i reversed quickly out of my driveway...

does this make sense?
xp_wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
Jurt
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xp_wannabe
thanks mate, i will look into that.

just an update though:

the interior light will not go off, even after the car has been started and doors are closes, UNTIL I PUT THE TRANSMISSION IN REVERSE!! (manual)

im thinking it has something to do with a reverse light switch or something? because it first started happening after i reversed quickly out of my driveway...

does this make sense?
Doesnt make sense to me, im having the same locking problem, its the actuator, when i was at the auto electrician last, (replaced alternator) i asked, he said 300 a piece.. thats EACH DOOR.. i said "get ************ i'll do it myself"..

i'd shop around and find a good price for one.

If your unsure, take it to someone to get it looked at, nothing wrong with taking it down to find out the problem.
Jurt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post