Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question Metro Ford Brisbane Moving ??

I got a card in todays mail that says "Metro Ford Newstead, Cnr Breakfast Creek & Evelyn St .Newstead QLD " From June 2010"
Does this mean Anne St is closing down ??? Anne St hasn't been there very long ?
Eagers must have faith that FORD will be here for the long haul and sales will improve to invest in a new dealership ?
Anyone know the story ?
Cheers

Old 16-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Haha the Anne Street dealership is too expensive to sell Fords from, therefore they are moving it to a cheaper dealership down the road at Newstead.. apparently it costs something like $40,000 per month just for the used car division at Anne Street, and we all know theres only about 8 - 10 in there at a time!

Im still suprised APG shut down Southside Ford, it was probably a better proposition then either Anne Street or Newstead... but neways there was obviously a reason! :
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the info..I would have thought they would have looked into the sales side of things before they built Anne Street??? If they sell Anne Street they might recoup $$$$ ?
I was also suprised they closed down Southside, it was a big yard.
Bartons Holden Moorooka is going to be redeveloped.
Old 16-04-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Thanks for the info..I would have thought they would have looked into the sales side of things before they built Anne Street??? If they sell Anne Street they might recoup $$$$ ?
I was also suprised they closed down Southside, it was a big yard.
Im not even sure if they own Anne street, although they probably do.. Perhaps they are going to move another luxury brand in there, I am unsure.

As for Bartons yes...

I think over the next few years we will see Holden and Ford dealerships get smaller. I never really understood the idea with Anne street tho as we all know Used cars are were the dealers make there money... Not on new, therefore to only have such a small amount of used cars they must really struggle to make that site profitable!
Old 18-04-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Metro have a fairly large storage facility under the building so im sure they have plenty of used stock around.
They are moving into the same stretch as Mazda and Mitsubishi, funnily i think they may have the old Holden lot.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2010, 01:37 AM   #6
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
My source at Barton's said gone, as in they are not going to be dealing from there anymore.
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #7
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO AU XR8
My source at Barton's said gone, as in they are not going to be dealing from there anymore.
There is a sign in the yard " Site Under Redevelopment" that could mean anything. But the yard is full of new dunnydores etc.
Old 19-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #8
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
There is a sign in the yard " Site Under Redevelopment" that could mean anything. But the yard is full of new dunnydores etc.
according to my source, storage. Barton's want more stock.
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx
Metro have a fairly large storage facility under the building so im sure they have plenty of used stock around.
They are moving into the same stretch as Mazda and Mitsubishi, funnily i think they may have the old Holden lot.
Yeh right.. My bad.. I know nothing..

Thanks for that..

Most Ford dealerships run between 150 - 200 used cars..

Metro are trying to make a profit with 15 - 20 in stock at the one time...

Used cars dont sell parked under buildings mate..
Old 19-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #10
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The 64 dollar question is “will the service improve at the new location”. The number of times I have taken my Fords back and then back again to Ann St is incredible. Interesting, I was there recently and the service centre was like a grave yard. I commented how quiet it was and was told that a lot of the mechanics are starting to take leave hours. I wonder how much of the quietness is due to customers just giving up.

Oh well, it will not be a problem for me much longer...
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post