Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-05-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default au door upper frame

as the title says au upper door frame , , i was a bit close to a fence post, i checked the door for clearance thinking i was clear of the post but did`nt notice a piece of metal up higher sticking out from the post and gave it a wack, on the higher series doors? with black frames it looks like there is a metal trim on the door frame, i`m wondering if this is a replaceable part.
i`ve managed to take some of the buckle out of it, but it looks crappy in the flesh and ever since i had the car the drivers door frame looks like it has 4 or 5 tiny dents in it , no one else would probably notice them but........ i know they are there , any info appreciated.

mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

heres one more pic........
Old 20-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The black plastic strip on the doors is removable,

But you have to be carefull not to break it, best bet would be to get a spare couple of sets just in case

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thx mate but its actually the upright bit of the door frame , from behind you can see it( the black sheet metal bit folded over the frame), the first and second pic, my photography suks, it looks worse in real life.
Old 20-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Must be the weather for it. Last night I scraped mine on the passengers fr guard, fr door and slightly on the rear door.
Apparently big trucks, traffic barriers and me are a bad combination :(

There's no actual dents and most of it buffed out (true, lol) but a couple of nice scratches down the side.

Oh well, maybe I two-tone it sooner rather than later.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #6
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats bad luck ronwest, its bugger when you try really hard to look after your limo but ---- happens anyway, i might get another door , the same door had champagne bottle roll of the centre median strip on a windy day my front wheel caught it, smashed it and sent shards flying into the lower paint work , did`nt dent it but scratched the crap out of it :(.
Old 20-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #7
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

They are removeable, just held on by a few strips of double sided tape.
Be careful removing or you may bend it worse, cut the tape while pulling is best, then you can panelbeat and repaint.
I think you unscrew the top black door trim (the outside strip between the painted metal and the glass) there should be a small screw on the outyer door edge, pop it off and the metal part tucks in behind here as well.

Hard to explain but go slow and you'll be right
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2010, 09:52 AM   #8
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ahh you beuty , thanks mate.