Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
RepSpec
Formerly XG-Panelvanman

Default What to do with car insurance?

hey all
just got my car insurance renewal and am just curious about a few things.
car is a BA mk2 wagon on gas, no mods. im 23 turning 24 in december. just car offered me just under $1000 for; full comp with excess of 500 and age excess of 600, for car value of $13,600, with rating 1 for $35.
i had a look around quickly and they were reasonably priced, but there were others cheaper.
question...
-do people use insurance mobs like budget direct or "non big brand" companies ie aami, racv ect. or should i just stick with just car?
-once i turn 24 will i still have to pay the 22-24 600 excess?

cheers

BA MK2 Wagon, dedicated LPG, white.

modifications:
cargo barriers, tow bar
RepSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
BA Baracus
xls

Pretty sure your 22-24 is due to being under 25 so you will probably still cop that until you are actually 25 and over.

Not sure who underwrites RACV but AAMI is a big brand company. It is in the group with Suncorp, GIO, Just Cars and Shannons. They might vary in quotes a bit but it's the same company insuring you.

People do use the smaller insurers, if service is bad or claims aren't paid they would go out of business as the money in car insurance is made by retaining customers long term.
BA Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

Stick with Just Car, I've heard that their claims process is really good if you ever have an accident/theft ... and that's the whole reason you pay for the insurance anyway.

Big brand companies can be more impersonal, less friendly with their customer service (in my experience).
Fiesta God is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post